Enjoy deep fried oreos at home for a fraction of the price! You only need 6 ingredients to make this deep fried oreos recipe that tastes just like from the fair!
Deep fried oreos
We love deep fried oreos and decided to make some at home. I wondered how they might compare to the fair but this recipe for deep fried oreos turned out amazing!
Sometimes you just have a craving for fried oreos but don’t want to wait until your local concession stand is selling them at the next event. This recipe allows you to make them at home for a fraction of the price.
With just 6 basic ingredients, this recipe could not be any simpler. My kids declared it a huge success and said it tasted just like the ones from the fair.
Fried Oreos Ingredients:
- Oreo Cookies – We used the regular ones for this recipe but any will work. I have tried Double Stuf Oreos, Golden Oreos and Birthday Cake Oreos and they were all amazing.
- Pancake Mix – Any kind will work but we love this homemade pancake mix.
- Egg, Milk and Vegetable Oil – These are needed to make the pancake batter.
- Powdered Sugar – We topped our with powdered sugar and it adds the perfect amount of sweetness to these Oreos.
Check out this how to video for this recipe!
How to make fried Oreos:
Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot or deep fryer. Heat the oil over medium high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F.
Place the pancake mix, egg, milk and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Dip each Oreo into the pancake batter, then place in the hot oil.
Cook for just a few minutes, turning occasionally. Fry until golden brown all over.
I like to put on a paper towel lined plate as soon as you take them out of the fryer. This will help drain some of the excess grease.
Place the deep fried Oreos on a serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar over the top.
Keep reading for the full recipe and print recipe below.
Can you make these ahead of time?
These are best served fresh and once they are fried. They can be made a few hours before serving but I recommend serving them immediately after they have cooled.
How to Store:
You can save any leftovers. Store the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 2-3 days. When reheating, I do recommend that you reheat them in hot oil so that the outside gets crispy again as they will become soften when stored.
I do think it’s best to serve them fresh so that would be the best option as leftover fried food does store well.
Tips to make the Best Fried Oreos:
- Make sure the oil is at the right temperature. I use a deep frying thermometer to make sure that the oil is at the right temperature before frying. Oil that is too cold will make these Oreos greasy and too hot oil might burn them.
- Make sure that the batter coats the Oreos. If the batter is dripping off the Oreos it might be too thin. If so, add more pancake mix until the batter is thicker and stays on the Oreos.
- Don’t waste the batter. If you have leftover batter, don’t throw it out. You can use this batter to fry any of your favorite cookies or sweet snacks. Chocolate chips cookies, twinkies and even cheesecake are just items to cover in batter and fry.
- Top with Cinnamon and Sugar or drizzle with chocolate syrup instead of Powdered Sugar for a different flavor.
Print this deep fried oreos recipe below:
Deep Fried Oreos
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 1.5 cups pancake mix any kind will work – or our homemade pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil plus more for frying
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a deep pot.
- Place the pancake mix, egg, milk and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Dip each Oreo into the batter, then place in the oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown all over.
- Place the Oreos on a serving plate and sift powdered sugar over the top.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other super easy Oreo desserts:
- Oreo Dirt Cake Recipe
- Oreo Poke Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Air Fryer Oreos
- Oreo Truffle Recipe – 3 Ingredient No Bake Oreo Balls
Try more delicious fried dessert ideas here:
- Deep Fried Cookie Dough
- Deep Fried Nutella recipe
- Deep Fried Snickers Recipe
- Deep Fried Bananas Recipe
- Deep Fried Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Fried Ice Cream
- Deep Fried Cheesecake
- Fried Apple Pies
- Funnel Cake Recipe