Gluten free shortbread cookies are soft and delicious. No one will miss the gluten in these tasty cookies. Make them today for an easy treat in minutes with only 4 ingredients.
Gluten free shortbread cookies
What’s not to love about shortbread cookies? They are so amazing and everyone always loves them. I love that they are not overly sweet but satisfy your sweet tooth.
Plus, with only 4 ingredients the recipe is super quick and easy! Not everyone in my family is gluten free but all agree that these are so tasty.
No one can tell the difference in these gluten free treats. I would declare that a major success! See also Gluten Free Thanksgiving Pies.
Make these today for a tasty gluten free treat. You will love having something so simple to make when you are in the mood for a cookie. It doesn’t get any easier than a 4 ingredient recipe.
- Almond Flour -I personally love Bob’s Red Mill.
- sugar -you can also use Erythritol or other granular sweetener if you prefer.
- Vanilla Extract
Just 4 simple ingredients and you are set to make the best cookies. Gluten free does not have to be boring or complicated.
How to make gluten free shortbread cookies:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Get your baking sheet ready.
Second, add the butter and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix this together and beat until it is light and fluffy.
Go ahead and add the vanilla extract.
Next, add the almond flour.
Mix this together. Now, the dough will be thick and crumbly
Beat together the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy and light in color.
Beat in the vanilla extract. Add in the almond flour. The dough will be thick and a little crumbly but this is normal. If you press it together, it should stick together just fine.
Finally, scoop the dough by tablespoonfuls on the baking sheet you prepared earlier. I like to use a cookie scoop to do this but it’s not necessary. However, it is such a time saver and it makes it easy to get each cookie the same size.
I like to flatten each cookie just a little bit. You can use the bottom of a glass cup to do this.
Just keep in mind that the cookies will not spread or get any thinner than how you make them when you put them on the cookie sheet.
The cookies do not take long to bake. Normally it takes about 10-12 minutes. The edges should be golden and start to brown slightly.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before you try to move them. This will help them to harden as they cool and make it easier to keep them intact.
If you move them to soon, they will start to crumble.
As long as you follow these tips, the cookies are sure to be a success.
Try Gluten free shortbread cookies recipe!
Everyone loves these cookies even though they are made with almond flour. I can’t wait for you to try this gluten free flour blend.
Don’t worry if they crumble a little bit. They are going to be amazing and your family will love them. Come back and leave a comment letting us know how they turned out for you.
Print this easy gluten free cookie recipe below:
Gluten free shortbread cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Parchment paper or a baking mat is really important when you are making gluten free cookies. I learned this quickly.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until it’s fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in the vanilla extract. Add in the almond flour. The dough will be thick and a little crumbly, but should stick when pressed together.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie a little with the bottom of a glass cup. They will not spread or thin out during baking so make them as thin as you want them when done.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden and beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before handling. Cookies will harden as they cool.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe