Make these 4th of July chocolate dipped pretzel rods for a red, white and blue treat sure to impress. This recipe is so easy and takes very little time but looks amazing.
4th of July chocolate dipped pretzel rods
Independence Day is a great time to break out all the red, white and blue! These 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods are the perfect treat to make when you want something special and festive.
It is such a simple no bake treat and the kids can help. Each pretzel gets dipped into decadent chocolate and topped with more drizzled chocolate and sprinkles. Oh my it is so delicious.
Plus, don’t they just look so cute? You have to make these! Even better, they can easily be adapted for any season or occasion so you can enjoy them year round.
If you enjoyed these Red white and blue chocolate covered pretzels, you will love this new recipe for chocolate covered pretzels rods. They are just as fun to make and look so pretty on your party table.
Ingredients for red white and blue pretzel rods:
- Pretzel Rods
- red candy melts
- royal blue candy melts
- white candy melts
- Red White and Blue Star Sprinkles
How to make 4th of July pretzel rods:
Melt each color of candy melt in a separate tall glass.
Melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
Dip 8 of pretzel rods into the blue candy melt.
Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
With a fork drizzle the opposite color candy melts onto the pretzel rods for decoration and top with the sprinkles.
Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Enjoy! Keep reading for the full recipe.
It is that easy to make patriotic pretzel rods!
Variation ideas for patriotic pretzel rods:
- Instead of dipping the pretzels, try drizzling them with chocolate only and decorating with sprinkles. The kids will love helping!
- Use mini pretzels instead of pretzel rods.
- Try other colors. This recipe is perfect year round and can easily be modified for other holidays and occasions.
- Dip the pretzels in white chocolate or milk chocolate. Top with different colors of candy melt drizzles or sprinkles.
How to store chocolate covered pretzel rods:
Keep the pretzels in an airtight container so that they will stay fresh longer. No one wants stale pretzels and this will ensure they stay nice and crispy.
This easy patriotic dessert also makes a great centerpiece.
This dessert pulls double duty and also makes a great focal point for a table. Put several of these pretzel rods in a mason jar or other container and place on the table.
You now have a gorgeous and patriotic centerpiece that also doubles as dessert. 🙂 So fun!
If you are looking for easy candy recipes with few ingredients, this is a must try!
Print this 4th of July chocolate covered pretzel rods recipe below:
Make these 4th of July chocolate dipped pretzel rods for a red, white and blue treat sure to impress. This recipe is so easy but looks amazing.
- 24 Pretzel Rods
- 4 ounces red candy melts
- 4 ounces royal blue candy melts
- 4 ounces white candy melts
- Red White and Blue Star Sprinkles
- Melt each color of candy melt in a separate tall glass.
- Melt them in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
- Dip 8 of pretzel rods into the blue candy melt.
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, wax paper, foil or wire rack.
- Then dip 8 of the pretzels in the red candy melt and the remaining 8 in the white candy melt and place them on the cookie sheet as well.
- With a fork drizzle the opposite color candy melts onto the pretzel rods for decoration and top with the sprinkles.
- Allow them to cool completely (1 hour at room temperature or 30 minutes in the refrigerator).
Try these other easy 4th of july desserts:
- Red white and blue crinkle cake mix cookies
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich recipe
- Red White and Blue Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Easy Bomb Brownie Bites
- The Best Red White and Blue Cake to Impress!
- 4th of July Chocolate Covered Oreos
- How to make Red, White, and Blue Jello
- 4th of July rice Krispie Treats
- 4th of July Fruit Kabobs
- 4th of July Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treats
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats