Learn how to make these bakery quality Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls. The caramel mixture on these sweet rolls is decadent for the best sticky buns.
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
You will not be able to resist these ooey gooey Cinnamon Rolls. The cinnamon roll dough is packed with sugar and cinnamon. Everything is covered with decadent glaze for rich and delicious cinnamon rolls.
Each bite is so luscious that you will find it hard to eat only one. Everyone will ask for the recipe as this is sure to be a hit.
Let’s get started with this yummy recipe. While it is called cinnamon rolls, they are very much a sticky bun due to the caramel and pecan topping. Either way, they are so delicious.
- Whole milk, warm
- Active dry yeast
- Canola oil
- White flour
- Salted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon, divided
- Kraft butterscotch chips
- Crushed pecans
How to make Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls:
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the milk and yeast. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the warm milk and yeast. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the yeast to sit at room temperature for about five minutes, or until foamy. The milk should be warm but not extremely hot or it will not rise properly.
- Add the oil and flour. Whisk in the canola oil, flour, and 1 tsp of the cinnamon until no dry clumps of flour remain. You can use a stand mixer if you prefer.
- Knead the dough. Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes. Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover it with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- Evenly roll the dough out. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Prep the filling by melting the butter and mixing it together with the brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Add the filling. Spread the filling across the dough. Try to get the filling all over the dough so every spot is covered. Roll it into a long cylindrical shape with a rolling pin, and cut it into discs.
- Put the rolls in a dish. Place the rolls in an 8×8 inch baking dish and allow the rolls to rise for 20 more minutes. They should double in size.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls. Go ahead and bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown in 350 degrees oven.
- Prepare the caramel sauce. Meanwhile melt the caramel chips in the microwave, stir in the pecans.
- Take the rolls out of the oven. Remove the cinnamon rolls from oven and spoon the caramel on top of the rolls. This step takes the rolls to the next level and makes these so gooey.
- Continue to bake. Bake the rolls for 5 more minutes, serve immediately, and enjoy! They are fabulous.
Keep a close eye on them so you do not overbake these. You don’t want them to dry out from being overcooked.
How to store:
You can store these cinnamon rolls in the fridge or on the counter for up to five days. Just make sure to place them inside an airtight container or bag.
These rolls can also be frozen. Allow to cool and cover with plastic wrap and foil. Then put in the freezer up to 3 months.
When ready to enjoy, bake until heated through. I suggest covering with foil so they do not get too brown.
If you would like to have some to freeze, I suggest doubling the recipe as these go fairly quickly. Everyone at our house loves these so they don’t last very long.
How to reheat:
The caramel frosting will harden a little bit if it sits for longer than about 15 minutes. However, it will easily soften back up after 20-30 seconds in the microwave.
These reheat very well. You can enjoy them the next morning for breakfast or a snack.
Pecan Caramel Cinnamon roll tips:
- If you do not have canola oil, you can also use vegetable oil.
- It is important to allow the cinnamon rolls to rise a second time after they are prepped. This will help ensure they are not too dense after baking.
- Make sure the yeast is fresh and the milk isn’t too hot when combining together. If the milk is excessively hot, the dough will not rise as it actually ruins the yeast.
- You can actually use dental floss to cut the cinnamon roll dough easily. Make sure it is unflavored and wrap around the dough to cut into slices. This easy method will prevent each slice from being squished from cutting.
- Allow the dough ample time to rest so that it will rise properly. You want large fluffy cinnamon rolls but it takes following each and every step carefully.
Caramel pecan sticky buns variations:
- Extra pecans. If you love nuts, try adding extra to the recipe.
- Mini Chocolate Chips. Toss in a handful of mini chocolate chips for lots of chocolate flavor.
- Nuts. If you don’t like pecans, try using walnuts or peanuts.
- Bacon. Crumble cooked bacon on the top of the cinnamon rolls. The salty and sweet combination is incredible.
- Fruit. Add fruit to the filling for a tasty change of flavor. Some ideas include: raisins, dried cranberries, dates, dried cherries, diced apples or anything you prefer.
Feel free to use this recipe as a great base recipe. You can add additional toppings and fillings to change the flavor. We have a blast making these.
What to serve with this recipe:
- Bacon. Learn how to cook bacon in the oven. This saves so much time for breakfast or brunch.
- Coffee. Cinnamon rolls definitely pair well with a hot cup of coffee.
- Fresh Fruit. Dice fresh fruit for something healthy to go along with the sweet rolls.
We can eat these tasty rolls alone but these are all good options to include as well.
The Best Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls.
Make these delicious sticky buns today. Friends and family will think you went to the bakery. They are so amazing.
With just a few easy steps, anyone can make these luscious cinnamon rolls. They look fancy but these rolls are very simple to make.
Once you make homemade cinnamon rolls, it is so easy. I think you will be impressed with how simple it is and how delicious they turn out.
Give this yummy recipe a try and see for yourself how fabulous it is. Please leave a comment once you try it and let us know how it turned out.
Print Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls recipe:
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup whole milk warm
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 4 Tbsp salted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 11 oz package of Kraft butterscotch chips
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the milk and yeast. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the yeast to sit for about five minutes, or until foamy.
- Whisk in the canola oil, flour, and 1 tsp of the cinnamon until no dry clumps of flour remain.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes. Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover it with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about ¼ inch thick and prep the filling by melted the butter and mixing it together with the brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spread the filling across the dough, roll it into a long cylindrical shape, and cut it into discs.
- Place the rolls in an 8×8 inch baking dish and allow the rolls to rise for 20 more minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes in 350 degrees oven.
- Meanwhile melt the caramel chips in the microwave, stir in the pecans.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from oven and spoon the caramel on top of the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 5 more minutes, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Cinnamon desserts:
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
- Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake Recipe
- Homemade cinnamon rolls