Sweet cinnamon rolls and salty bacon combine into luscious Bacon Cinnamon Rolls. With just 2 ingredients, it is a breeze to make on busy mornings.
This recipe is so easy thanks to store bought cinnamon rolls. The simple addition of bacon takes these cinnamon buns to the next level. If you love sweet and salty, this recipe is packed with flavor.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe works
- Just 2 ingredients. Store bought cinnamon rolls means you don’t have to let the dough rise, fool with yeast or get out the mixer.
- This recipe is ready in minutes.
- Sweet and salty combination of bacon and gooey cinnamon rolls.
- Can of Cinnamon Rolls
- Center Cut Bacon
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. Swap store bought for cinnamon rolls from scratch.
- Cream Cheese Icing. If you prefer more icing than what is included, make homemade cream cheese frosting or a small bowl of maple glaze.
- Turkey Bacon. Substitute this for traditional bacon. Just keep in mind the texture will be different as it does not get as crispy.
How to make Bacon Cinnamon Rolls:
Step 1. First, prepare the bacon in the skillet. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. It should be cooked through and crispy.
Step 2. Place the bacon a plate lined with paper towels. This will help to soak up the grease. Pat the top of the slices of bacon to remove any excess bacon grease.
Step 3. Pop the can to remove the cinnamon rolls. Then roll them. Place the slices bacon on each cinnamon roll.
Step 4. Re-roll each cinnamon roll with the strip of bacon inside. Place the cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish or pie pan. Bake in the oven until golden brown according to the package.
Step 5. Once baked, spread the frosting that comes with the cinnamon rolls all over the top.
Step 6. Top with a few teaspoons of the extra chopped bacon and serve.
- Cook the bacon before rolling. This allows you to remove any excess grease.
- The bacon needs to be crispy but still able to roll. Don’t overcook the bacon as it needs to be rolled.
These are best served fresh, but you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 5 days. Cover in plastic wrap and store inside an airtight container in the fridge.
Reheat in the microwave if desired.
You can prepare the rolls the night before with the layers of bacon. Then bake the next morning and enjoy.
Allow to come to room temperature before baking. Otherwise, you may need to add 1-2 minutes to the baking time if chilled.
You can use store brand, Pillsbury or anything you prefer. The salt and sweet together is amazing with any brand.
Lay out the rolls in rectangle strips and place a piece of bacon on it. Roll up just like a pinwheel. You should not need to use a rolling pin.
Our family likes eggs and fruit.
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes to try:
Make this Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe for a delicious treat. Then come back and leave a comment and star recipe rating.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls 12 ounces – 8 count
- 10 Slices Center Cut Bacon
- Cook the bacon in the skillet. Fry the bacon for 3-4 minutes per side until it is cooked through and starting to become crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the excess grease.
- Use extra paper towels to pat down on the bacon to remove any excess grease from the bacon.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls and unroll the cinnamon rolls on a work surface. Lay a slice of bacon over each cinnamon roll.
- Then re-roll each of the cinnamon rolls bacon with the strip of bacon inside (line a pinwheel).
- Place the prepared cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish or pie pan.
- Bake based on the package instructions.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, chop up the remaining bacon.
- Top the warmed cinnamon rolls with the frosting from the package and the chopped bacon.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe