These Heart Shaped Brownies are fudgy and perfect for Valentine’s Day. Each bite is packed with chocolate and topped with sprinkles.
Table of contents
Why you will love this recipe
- Easy to make. Homemade brownies are so easy with step by step instructions.
- Festive heart shape. The brownies are so fun and perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Chocolate flavor. Each bite is packed with gooey chocolate flavor.
- Butter, Melted
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pink Candy Melts
- Multi-Colored Heart Sprinkles.
You can find the complete ingredients for this recipe at the bottom of the page.
- Brownie Mix. Substitute a box mix of brownies instead of making from scratch.
- Extra Chocolate. You can add chocolate chips or dark chocolate to the brownie batter.
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9X13 baking pan with parchment paper.
Step 2. Get out a large mixing bowl. Combine the melted butter and granulated sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Step 3. Next, add the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour and salt. Stir by hand until the batter is just combined.
Step 4. Carefully pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Step 5. Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 6. Remove the brownies from the oven. Once they are cool, cut out heart shaped brownies using a small heart cookie cutter.
Step 7. Melt the candy melts using a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals until fully melted. Finally, drizzle the melted candy melts over the brownies and top with the sprinkles.
Store any leftover brownies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is easy to use a cookie cutter to make the heart shape with your favorite brownie recipe.
No, you can use any shape you want to easily make these for other holidays.
Do not overmix the batter. Also, do not add too much flour. Both of these can change the texture of the batter.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 55 Valentine Cakes
- Valentine’s Day Cake Pops
- Valentine’s Day Dirt Cake Recipe
Please try this recipe and then leave a comment. I love to hear from you.
Heart Shaped Brownies
For the Brownies:
For the Toppings:
- 1 Cup Pink Candy Melts
- 1/4 cup Multi-Colored Heart Sprinkles
For the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9X13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the melted butter and granulated sugar until well combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder, all purpose flour and salt. Stir by hand until the batter is just combined.
- Pour the batter into the 9X13 baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely before decorating.
- Once cooled, cut out heart shaped brownies using a small heart cookie cutter.
For the topping:
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the candy melts are fully melted.
- Drizzle the melted candy melts over the brownies and top with the sprinkles. Then the brownies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe