Do you know someone that loves orange crush soda? They will love these easy Orange Soda Cupcakes and delicious frosting. Perfect for a birthday party, cookout or anytime of the year.
From the homemade cupcake to the decadent frosting, this easy cupcake recipe does not disappoint. The secret is the orange crush soda and it really turns the icing into something special.
The made from scratch cupcakes and topping with the Orange Crush Frosting make a delicious cupcake. These cupcakes are soft, fluffy and delicious. The kids also love when I make 7 Up Cake Recipe.
Can I Use a Cake Mix?
Yes, you can use a cake mix to make this Orange Soda Cupcake. We love the simple ingredient cupcake mix, but using a cake mix is even easier. We have made it both ways and they are always a family favorite.
Mix the cake mix, eggs and the additional ingredients on the box. Pour batter into cupcake liners.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted Butter (room temp)
- Powdered Sugar
- Orange Crush Soda
- Orange Food Coloring
The entire ingredient list can be found at the bottom.
How to Make Orange Crush Cupcakes
- Step 1. Go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2. Prepare the cupcake pan. Add a cupcake liner to each tin.
Step 3. Mix the dry ingredients together. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside as you will need this in a few minutes.
Step 4. Combine the butter and sugar until the mixture is fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time. Once all the eggs are in, add the vanilla and buttermilk.
Step 5. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until everything is well blended. Be careful not to overmix.
Step 6. Scoop the batter into the liners. Fill each one about ¾ full.
Step 7. Finally, bake the cupcakes and cool on cooling rack.
Step 8. While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting using a medium bowl. Just add all of your ingredients and cream until light and fluffy on medium speed. Put the frosting into a pastry bag and use a large decorating tip to frost the cupcakes.
These cupcakes with orange frosting are easy to decorate. If you make your frosting in advance, make sure it is a room temperature.
We like to put the frosting in a piping bag and swirl the frosting on the cupcake. We even like to add in a fun straw to make it look like a drink.
So many fun ways to decorate these cupcakes.
These orange flavored cupcakes need be refrigerated. Store the leftover cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yes, these cupcakes can be frozen. I prefer to freeze them without the frosting. Place inside a freezer safe container and freeze up to 2 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight when ready to enjoy. Make the frosting as normal and frost the cupcakes.
- Orange Jello – You can mix orange jello into the frosting mix for a fun twist and more orange flavor.
- Orange Extract – Add a tablespoon of orange extract to the cupcake batter for added flavor.
More Easy Cupcake Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcake Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe
- Fruity Pebbles Cupcakes
- Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes Recipe
- Key Lime Cupcakes Recipe
Make this recipe with tons of citrus flavor. Then leave a comment and star rating. I love hearing your feedback on recipes.
Orange Soda Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- Orange Soda Frosting:
- 6 TBSP unsalted butter room temp
- 4 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 TBSP Orange Crush soda
- orange gel food coloring
- Cupcake Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with your favorite paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whip the butter and sugar with a mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add in an egg and egg whites, one at a time. Add in vanilla.
- Whisk in the buttermilk.
- Slowly mix together flour and buttermilk mixture until well blended. Do not over mix.
- Fill your cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and place each on a wire rack to cool completely. While your cupcakes are cooling, make your frosting.
- Orange Crush Frosting Directions:
- Cream all of your ingredients together until smooth.
- You want your frosting to be thick enough to stand up. If it isn’t thick enough, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more soda. Be sure to mix well after each addition.
- Once the frosting is ready, scoop it into a pastry bag with a large decorating tip.
- Decorate to suit your taste.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe