We are crazy about oreo cookies and this Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe is out of this world! Skip the expensive store bought ice cream cakes and make this super easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake.
Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe
What’s not to like about Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe? It combines oreo cookies and ice cream into one amazing cake. Even better, it is a no bake recipe and literally the easiest ice cream cake ever!
With just 3 simple ingredients, anyone can make this. I promise that everyone will go crazy over this ice cream cake. It is that good!
Serve it for parties, birthdays, holidays and more. We enjoy ice cream cake year round because we love it so much!
What ingredients do you need to make oreo ice cream cake?
- cookies and cream ice cream
- package of oreo cookies
- container of cool whip
That is it! I told you this recipe was SO easy!
How do you soften ice cream for a cake?
How do you make oreo cookie ice cream cake?
First, place the ice cream on the counter to soften.
Next, take all the oreo cookies except for about 12. Place them in a gallon size freezer bag and pound them with a mallet or a rolling pin to coarsely crush them.
Lay the cookies in the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan, spreading them out evenly.
Place the remaining Oreos cookies in the freezer bag and crush them. Set aside.
Once the ice cream has softened spoon the entire half gallon over the crushed oreos cookies. Spread it out evenly.
Now you want to place in the freezer for about an hour or until the ice cream begins to harden.
Remove from the freezer and spread out the cool whip across the top.
Top with oreos cookies.
Place back in the freezer and freezer for at least 2 hours until the cake has hardened.
How to serve oreos cookies and cream cake recipe?
When you are ready to serve, allow it to sit on the counter for about 5 minutes so it will soften slightly making it easier to cut and serve!
If you have any leftovers, store in the freezer covered with plastic wrap.
Enjoy! Everyone will love this! Jump to recipe below for all of the full details.
Other ideas to try with ice cream cake recipe:
You can really make this ice cream cake recipe your own. Feel free to add some of your favorites ingredients.
- Try adding a layer of hot fudge.
- Substitute vanilla ice cream instead of cookies and cream. It will be delicious with the crushed oreo cookies!
- Add chocolate cake in between the cake layers.
- Either cool whip or whipped topping work. We love this this homemade whipped topping recipe. Whipped cream is just so creamy and delicious.
- Add a cream cheese mixture layer to the cake similar to dirt cake.
- Try different flavors oreo cookies. There are so many options these days- birthday cake, red velvet, peanut butter and more.
- Use chocolate ice cream for lots of chocolate flavor. This will be a hit with chocolate fans.
Save money when you make this delicious oreo cookie ice cream cake!
Bakery cakes are expensive and not always the best. Make this at home and save money from those store bought ice cream cakes.
You will save even more money by purchasing the ice cream on sale. The brand really doesn’t matter so we often just purchase the one that is on sale. 🙂
Simple and delicious recipes like this save us money and we all get to enjoy a really tasty ice cream cake. Our grocery budget stays in good shape and everyone wins!
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Everyone loves this delicious recipe so it shows up a lot at family gatherings and more!
I just know you will love it and can’t wait for you to try it! Let us know what you think once you make it.
Try this Oreo ice cream cake recipe today!
Oreo cakes are super easy and really tasty. If you love oreos, this is a must try.
My kids even request this as their birthday cake because they love it so much. I love to make them because it is ready to serve without hardly any work.
Once the ice cream softened, you can easily cut into squares and serve. This is a great recipe.
Do you love ice cream as much as we do?
You must also try this Easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe! It is so smooth and creamy plus incredibly simple to make.
We are always coming up with something new and ice cream is always a good idea. 🙂
Find more Easy Ice Cream Recipes:
- 50 Easy Homemade Ice Cream Recipes You Will Love
- Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- The Easiest Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe!
- 4th of July Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
- Caramel Apple Ice Cream
Oreo Truffles Recipe has only 3 ingredients and tastes amazing!
If you are obsessed with all things Oreos like me, then I hope you also try this Oreo dirt cake recipe. It’s so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser!
Print this oreo ice cream cake recipe below:
We are crazy about oreo cookies and Oreo Ice Cream Cake Recipe is delicious! Skip the expensive store bought ice cream cakes and make Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- 1 half gallon cookies and cream ice cream
- 15.5 oz. package of oreos
- 8 oz. container of cool whip
- Place the ice cream on the counter to soften.
- Take all the oreos except for the about 12. Place them in a gallon size freezer bag and pound them with a mallet or a rolling pin to coarsely crush them.
- Lay them in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan, spreading them out evenly.
- Place the remaining oreos in the freezer bag and crush them. Set aside.
- Once the ice cream has softened spoon the entire half gallon over the crushed oreos. Spread it out evenly.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or until the ice cream begins to harden
- Remove from the freeze and spread out the cool whip across to the top.
- Top with oreos.
- Place back in the freezer and freezer for atleast 2 hours until the cake has hardened.
- When you are ready to serve, allow it to sit on the counter for about 5 minutes so it will soften slightly making it easier to cut and serve!
Try these other ice cream cake recipes:
Find more delicious Oreo recipes here:
- Easy Caramel Cheesecake Recipe with Oreo Crust
- Easy Baseball Oreo Pops
- How to make Emoji Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Oreo Truffle Recipe – 3 Ingredient No Bake Oreo Balls
- No Bake Oreo Pie Recipe