This easy Santa cookies recipe is sure to be a hit with lots of chocolate. If you are looking for the best cookies for Santa’s plate, this recipe does not disappoint.
Every year we have to make special cookies for Santa’s plate. They have to be extra special and really festive. So, what do we make? Chocolate Chip cookies of course but only the best kind for Santa.
Table of Contents
Why this recipe is so delicious:
This recipe is loaded with extra chocolate and has both chocolate chips and red and green M&M’s. Not only does it look so pretty for Christmas but they taste amazing.
Each bite is loaded with ooey gooey chocolate which makes them extra delicious.
These cookies are cooked with a crispy edge and soft in the center. They are easy to make with simple pantry ingredients.
Santa Cookies Ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Christmas M&Ms
Substitutions and Additions
- Chocolate Chips. Swap the traditional ones for white chocolate chips, dark chocolate or combine several.
- Nuts. Chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans taste great in this recipe.
- Sprinkles. Add sprinkles if desired.
How to Make Cookies for Santa:
- Step 1 – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Step 2 – Next, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
Step 3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and both types of sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla. Then gradually stir in flour mixture by hand until smooth.
Step 4. Then fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
Step 5. Form the cookie dough balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press the M&M’s on top of the cookie dough and bake.
Step 6. Allow to set on the baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Tips for the Best Santa’s Cookies:
- Mixing Ingredients – You will need a stand mixer or a hand-held mixer. Either of these will work but I prefer my stand mixer. Mix the ingredients on medium speed.
- Baking Sheets – Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help to cookies settle and prevent them from breaking.
- Cookie Scoop – I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out each of the cookies.
- Dry Ingredients – Gradually add in the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. I like to add in about a cup at time and mix. Then repeat until everything is combined.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chocolate Chip cookies is by far the most popular cookie left out for Santa. We decided to jazz up traditional chocolate cookies with red and green M&M’s and more.
Santa will love these soft, chewy, fun and festive cookies. These are the perfect cookies to help Santa get through the night. We also like to leave a tall glass of milk.
The key to keeping your chocolate chip cookies soft is how you store them. Storing them in an air tight container keeps them soft. If you store them in a cookie jar with a loose lid the cookies will dry out faster.
If you plan on leaving them on a cookie tray, make sure to cover the cookies well to keep them from drying out.
To keep the cookies soft and chewy make sure to store in an air tight container. They will stay soft for about 4 days. If you do store in a cookie jar, make sure the lids seals tightly.
We recommend freezing the cookie dough. This is a great recipe to prepare ahead of time and the freeze the dough.
Prepare the cookie dough as indicated and then roll into balls.
Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet and flash freeze them in the freezer.
Once they are frozen, place the cookie balls in a freezer bag or air tight container. When you are ready to make a batch, you can remove a few and make fresh cookies for Santa on the big day.
More Easy Christmas Cookies:
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- How to make Snowman Cookies
- Christmas Cookies in a jar
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
Try these Delicious Cookies for Santa Clause. Once you make them, please come back and leave a star recipe rating!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture by hand until smooth.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, divide dough and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and slightly press down the top.
- Place the M&Ms on top of the cookie dough on the cookie sheets and light press them down into the dough.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to set on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe