Candy Cane Kiss Cookies takes only 20 minutes to make and looks so festive. Each bite is soft and fluffy with tons of peppermint flavor!
We love making peanut butter kiss cookies so it seemed like a great idea to try a peppermint version. These peanut butter kiss cookies are always a must for the holiday season. It’s a great Christmas Dessert.
If you love all things peppermint like we do, try this Peppermint Bark Recipe. All the flavors of peppermint in a bark form.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe:
We love Hershey Kisses and the peppermint kisses are so delicious. It really gives these cookies the best flavor. Topping them on these sugar cookies really makes these soft, chewy cookies taste amazing.
Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses are usually sold in holiday section at your local store. If you plan on making these cookies, or just want to enjoy a bag for yourself, grab them early.
Ingredients for Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Butter, softened
- White Granulated Sugar
- Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- Granulated Sugar
Find the complete recipe and ingredient list at the bottom of the post.
- Baking Soda – If you are out of baking soda, you can substitute with baking soda. Use ½ teaspoon of baking soda instead.
- Crushed Candy Canes – Instead of crushing up candy cane kisses, you can crush candy canes instead. This will add a little crunch to the cookies.
- Sprinkles – You can top the cookies with sprinkles for a fun and festive look.
- Peppermint Extract – To enhance the peppermint flavor, mix in a teaspoon of peppermint extract.
How to Make Candy Cane Kiss Cookies:
- Step 1. Prepare the oven by preheating it to 350 degrees F.
Step 2. Mix together the unsalted butter and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add the egg and vanilla with a standing mixer. Mix in the remaining flour mixture and chopped Hershey Kisses.
Step 3. Place sugar in a bowl. Roll each cookie dough ball in sugar and place on baking sheet.
Step 4. Bake the Cookies for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
Step 5. Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them cool a few minutes and then place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss in the center. Move the cookies immediately to the refrigerator or freezer so that the kisses keep their form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once the holiday items hit the store and you are planning on making these cookies, I would grab them. They are a holiday item that only comes out during the Christmas time. Everyone loves them, so they are purchased quickly.
If you can’t find them at your store, you can use the white and chocolate striped Hershey’s hugs or plain milk chocolate kisses. These cookies will still be delicious.
If you want to make a chocolate version of this cookie, you can mix in ¾ cup of cocoa powder to the mix. It is a fun twist on this holiday cookie.
Yes, you can freeze these Christmas Cookies. These soft and chewy holiday cookies are easy to freezer. They will last for about a month in the freezer if stored properly.
Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and place in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, thaw overnight at room temperature.
Store cookies at room temperature covered in airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to a week if stored properly.
- Mixing Cookie Dough – When mixing the cookie dough, make sure to not over mix. If you overmix the cookie then they will be flat after baking.
- Chill Cookies – Make sure to chill the cookies after baking and placing the kiss in the middle. This helps to keep the form of the cookie.
- Prepare the pan. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cookie Scoop. The cookies will all be uniform if you use a small cookie scoop.
More Easy Cookie Recipes:
- Gingerbread Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Chocolate Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
More Candy Cane Dessert Recipes
- Candy Cane Sleighs
- Easy Candy Cane Pie Recipe
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe
- Peppermint Fudge Recipe
Go ahead and make these delicious cookies. Then leave a comment and star recipe rating. I love to hear from you!
Peppermint Kiss Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the butter with the 1 cup of sugar and vanilla extract with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Blend until throughly combined.
- Add in the egg and blend until smooth.
- Then stir in by hand the flour, baking soda and salt. Do not over mix.
- Then gently mixed in the chopped Candy Cane Hershey Kisses.
- Roll approximately 1 tablespoon of the dough in the ¼ cup of granulated sugar and place them approximately 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool for 3 minutes and then place an unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kiss at the center of each cookie. Move the cookies immediately to the refrigerator or freezer so that the kisses keep their form.
- Once the cookies have cooled, remove them from the refrigerator or freezer, remove from the baking sheets and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe