These Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a delicious no bake treat. With only 4 ingredients and hardly any prep work, this is an easy holiday treat.
Why we love this recipe
- Only 4 ingredients. With only a handful of ingredients, it is the easiest holiday recipe.
- Ready in about 10 minutes. The entire recipe is so quick.
- Sweet and delicious. The simplicity of the fruit and chocolate is decadent.
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Christmas Sprinkles
Jump to recipe card for complete ingredients and recipe instructions.
- Sprinkles. You can use any color sprinkles you prefer or even chocolate sprinkles. These strawberries can easily be decorated in any theme.
- Dark Chocolate. For a different taste, try using dark chocolate.
- Green Candy Melts. Drizzle green candy melts on the chocolate covered strawberries to make it look like a Christmas tree.
- Chocolate Chips. Swap almond bark for milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Topping. Sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies for a cookie base, chopped nuts or coconut for a fun way to garnish.
Step by step instructions
Step 1. Melt the almond bark in 2 heat proof bowls. Heat each bowl in 30 second intervals.
Step 2. Dip the strawberries in the bowls of chocolate. Dip half in chocolate and half in white chocolate.
Step 3. Decorate the strawberries by drizzling the opposite color of chocolate on each one. Then top with red sprinkles, green sprinkles or little stars. Place on a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
Step 4. Once the strawberries have hardened, serve on a platter and enjoy.
- Wash and dry the fruit. The strawberries need to be dried thoroughly after washing. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the sprinkles before the chocolate sets. Make sure to add the sprinkles right away so they stick to the chocolate.
- Place strawberries in cupcake liners for gift giving. Keep the strawberries in cupcake liners inside a container for gift giving. This will look great and help to protect the finished product.
- Use fresh strawberries. The fruit needs to be fresh and not overly ripe strawberries.
- Stir chocolate while melting. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each interval.
- Remove the chocolate before it’s completely melted. Then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Allow the berries to set. Let the strawberries sit for 5-10 minutes so that the chocolate can harden.
- Line a baking sheet. Parchment paper makes cleanup easier.
Place inside an airtight container in the fridge up to 48 hours.
The chocolate covered strawberries can be frozen up to 3 months. However, as they thaw the appearance may not look as pretty due to condensation.
If you do not want to use the microwave, feel free to use a double boiler on the stovetop.
More Easy Christmas Recipes
Try this Christmas themed chocolate covered strawberries recipe. Then please come back and leave a star recipe rating!
Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 16 oz. chocolate almond bark
- 16 oz. white chocolate almond bark
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add each of the Almond Bark to 2 microwave safe bowls.
- Microwave each chocolate starting with 1 minute, stir.
- Heat for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time.
- Stop just before chocolate is completely melted, then stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. This is to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Dip strawberries in melted chocolate (half in the chocolate and half in the white chocolate) and place on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Drizzle the other color of chocolate on each of the strawberries and top with the Christmas sprinkles.
- Let the strawberries sit for 5-10 minutes so that the chocolate can harden.
- Then the strawberries are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe