Strawberry cheesecake dump cake starts with a cake mix for a super easy dessert. The cheesecake filling is so rich and delicious. The entire recipe is quick and easy.
Strawberry Cheesecake Dump Cake
This decadent dessert only requires 5 ingredients. You can easily make this anytime the craving strikes for something sweet. It is such an effortless recipe to prepare.
Why is a dump cake called a dump cake?
The name originates from the uncomplicated process of dumping all of the ingredients into a dish. There is minimum prep work required and the recipe is straightforward.
In addition, no mixing bowl required. However, the results are fabulous.
- strawberry pie filling
- Whipped Cream Cheese
- white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- butter, melted
- fresh strawberries (optional but delicious)
How to make strawberry cheesecake dump cake:
- Preheat oven. Allow to properly warm up prior to starting.
- Use cooking spray to generously grease the pan. This recipe requires a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spray it thoroughly and liberally with nonstick baking spray.
- Put the strawberry pie filling in the bottom of the baking dish. Next, use a rubber spatula to spread evenly.
- Add the whipped cream cheese. Place dollops sporadically on the pie filling.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Next, stir in the cake mix into the melted butter with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the cake mix. Simply pour the cake mix and butter all over the top of the cream cheese dollops.
- Finally, bake the Strawberry Dump Cake. This will take about 30 minutes to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the cake to slightly cool prior to serving.
How to serve:
Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream based on preference. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries for a stunning presentation.
How do you know when dump cake is done?
The cake will begin to bubble upon completion and the top will be golden brown in appearance.
Does dump cake need to be refrigerated after baking?
Yes, refrigerate leftovers for proper storage. However, make sure to cover it to preserve freshness.
How long can you keep dump cake?
The cake will last up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator.
Strawberry Cheesecake Dump Cake
- 2 strawberry pie filling (21 oz.)
- 8 oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1 box white cake mix or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter melted
- fresh strawberries optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with butter or spray it with nonstick baking spray.
- Add the strawberry pie filling to the bottom of the baking dish (both cans), and using a rubber spatula, spread it evenly over the surface of the dish.
- Add dollops of the whipped cream cheese on top of the pie filling.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Then stir in the cake mix into the butter with a fork until it’s wet combined and crumbly.
- Pour the cake mix and butter mixture on top of the cream cheese dollops and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Bake the Strawberry Dump Cake in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it just slightly cool on a cooling rack.
- Scoop cake into bowls, top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe