Layers of angel food cake, pudding, strawberries and more make this delicious Strawberry Trifle Recipe. The dessert looks gorgeous and tastes amazing!
Easy Strawberry Trifle Recipe:
Layered desserts are so pretty and this Strawberry trifle is sure to be a hit. Not only will it look gorgeous on your dessert table but each bite is so creamy and delicious.
Everyone enjoyed the Chocolate Trifle recipe that we made so I thought let’s make a Strawberry trifle! It is perfect for Summer and when strawberries come into season. The dessert is stunning to take to potlucks, cookouts and more.
I have always loved a trifle dessert because they are so easy. Plus, the layers look pretty in the glass dish. It is just a special and tasty dessert for sure.
What is Strawberry Trifle made of?
Angel food cake with strawberries trifle is layered with angel food cake, strawberries and vanilla pudding mixture. Place in a clear glass trifle dish for the best dessert idea.
Strawberry shortcake trifle recipe is perfect for any occasion and always a crowd favorite.
- Angel Food Sponge Cake – cut into cubes (Homemade Angel Food Cake)
- Box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Cold Milk
- Cream Cheese -room temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh Strawberries – rinsed, hulled and sliced
How to Make a Strawberry Trifle:
- Step 1 – First, you need a small mixing bowl to combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk. Use a whisk to combine this for two minutes. Set the pudding aside for later.
- Step 2 – Second, get a large mixing bowl out and beat the cream cheese for a couple of minutes. You just want it to be smooth and creamy.
- Step 3 – Once the cream cheese looks creamy after about 2 or 3 minutes, lower the mixer speed. Start to add the powdered sugar. Keep the mixer speed on low while you add the sugar.
- Step 4 – Once all of the sugar has been added, increase the speed and keep mixing for about another minute until everything is really smooth.
- Step 5 – Now, it is time to add the pudding mixture. Gently fold this in. I Like to use a rubber spatula until it is completely combined.
- Step 6 – Once it is blended together, add the cool whip to the mixture and fold this until you don’t see anymore white streaks.
- Step 7 – Finally, let’s assemble the trifle.
- Step 8 – It is really easy, Start by alternating layers of the angel food cake cubes, the pudding mixture and strawberries until you get the top.
Once you have finished alternating layers, add one last layer of pudding mixture on top in the Trifle Bowl. Arrange the strawberries that you have left on top in whatever pattern you prefer.
It is so easy. Enjoy!
Can a Strawberry Trifle be made the night before?
Yes, you can make this trifle the night before. However, I would not make it more than 24 hours in advance. The cake pieces layers will start to get mushy and the strawberries will add liquid.
I prefer to make it the same day I plan to serve it.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Cake- pound cake, yellow cake and white cake make great substitutions for the angel food cake. If you are in a big hurry, use a store bought pound cake and cut into cubes to use.
- Fruit- Add blueberries and you have a festive red, white and blue dessert for July 4th or Memorial Day. You can also just make it with blueberries instead of strawberries for another fabulous dessert idea.
- Nuts- Add pecans or walnuts to the dessert if your family like it. Sometimes I will toss a handful in between the layers. Yum!
- Mini Size– This would be cute in small glass individual serving dishes or even mason jars. I think individual portions would be great for parties, picnics and more.
Tips for Strawberry Angel Food Cake Trifle:
- Cake Mixes – Stock up on cake mixes when you spot a sale. I try to always keep a couple of different types in my pantry. It is so handy already having them and knowing I got a good deal.
- Trifle Dish – The traditional glass trifle dish is so pretty. However, sometimes I use a clear plastic bowl if I am taking this dessert to a potluck or cookout. It just makes it easier for transporting. If you use clear plastic, you can still see the pretty layers.
How to Store a Trifle:
Store the Strawberry Trifle in the refrigerate until ready to serve.
Print Strawberry Trifle Recipe below:
Strawberry trifle recipe
- 1 angel food cake cut into cubes
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 pints strawberries rinsed hulled and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk. Whisk for two minutes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed for about 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all of the sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Add the prepared pudding to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold and stir with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Add the Cool Whip to the bowl and fold it into the mixture until no white streaks remain.
- To assemble the trifle, alternate layers of angel food cake, the pudding mixture, strawberries and so on, until you get the top.
- Add a final layer of the pudding mixture, then arrange the remaining strawberries in a decorative pattern.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe