With only 4 ingredients, this Peach Dump Cake Recipe is super easy to make but tastes just like Grandma’s peach cobbler. Give this a try when you need a quick but fabulous dessert.
Peach dump cake recipe
This seriously tastes like homemade cobbler but without all the work. The cake mix combined with the peaches and other ingredients make this oh so tasty.
You can add vanilla ice cream and it is even more amazing. It is the perfect idea for dessert even when you don’t have much time at all. We have had last minute guests and I made this in minutes.
I love that I can serve dessert with so few ingredients and have it turn out so amazing. If you like easy desserts, try one of our Delicious Cake Mix Desserts.
What is Peach Dump Cake?
This recipe is really so very simple and only takes a few minutes to make. Your family will love this easy recipe.
Peach Dump Cake only requires a few ingredients and you just toss them in a pan and bake. It is just that easy.
You are going to love it. It is an easy toss and go recipe.
Ingredients you need:
- peaches in heavy syrup
- yellow cake mix
- apple pie spice cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- unsalted butter
How to make peach dump cake:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is warming up, get out a 9×13 baking dish.
- Then add 2 cans of the peaches with the heavy syrup to a baking dish with cooking spray. You will need to drain the 3rd can of peaches and only add the sliced peaches this time. Just stir to combine.
- Then use a mixing bowl to whisk together the yellow cake mix and the spices. Once combined, sprinkle over the top making sure to cover all the peaches.
- I like to pat the mixture down just a little. Then put the sliced butter squares all over the top of the cake mix. I prefer to use butter squares instead of melted butter.
- Finally, bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cake mix and butter starts to get golden brown. The fruit should be bubbly.
- Allow the peach cobbler to sit for 15 minutes before serving. It is so delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yum.
Try it with other fruits:
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Apple Pie Filling
- Blueberry pie filling
It is really tasty with any type of pie filling instead of canned peaches. You can try using peach pie filling. This is really delicious and another great way to make this easy recipe.
You can even use fresh peaches or fresh fruit.
How to Store leftovers:
Place in the fridge up to 3 days. Make sure it is covered with foil or an air tight lid.
How to reheat
You can reheat in the microwave in individual servings for 30 to 40 seconds. If you are reheating the entire dish, place in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through at 350 degrees.
Just be careful to not leave it in the oven too long or you risk it drying out.
How to freeze peach dump cake
Make sure it is wrapped properly. I suggest wrapping in plastic wrap and then again in foil.
If your baking dish has a lid, place that on before freezing as well.
As long as it it stored properly, it should last up to 6 months in the freezer.
When ready to serve, just thaw and reheat. It is one of the easiest dessert recipes.
- Ice cream. Vanilla is delicious but feel free to try different ice cream flavors. Use peach ice cream for more peach flavor or butter pecan would be fabulous.
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce. Drizzle all over the top. It is so good.
- Top with nuts. Chopped pecans or walnuts are great.
- We have also made a crumble topping with brown sugar, chopped pecans and butter to put on top. This is totally optional but really delicious if you have a few extra minutes.
Give it a try.
My favorite is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans. The hot cobbler with the cold ice cream is amazing! Each bite is so delicious and so decadent.
This is such an easy dessert but one of our favorites. I just love recipes that are so easy but turn out so delicious.
It is possible to enjoy a wonderful dessert with little to no work. Just another example that it does not have to be complicated or expensive to be amazing.
- Try white cake mix instead of yellow cake mix. You can also try regular spice cake and that would be yummy with the peaches.
- Add nuts to the mix before baking for even more flavor.
The ideas are endless for dump cake recipes. They are so easy and delicious and a ton of fun to try new varieties.
This peach dump cake recipe is so easy and delicious. In just about 55 minutes, you can enjoy a delicious dessert.
This cake is such a great recipe. I think you are really going to love it.
It is so very simple and amazing. Give this a try today.
Print this Peach Cobbler Dump Cake Recipe:
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
- 3 cans peaches in heavy syrup 14-15 ounces each
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature sliced into 24 slices
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 9×13 dish add 2 cans of the peaches with the heavy syrup.
- Drain the 3rd can of peaches and add just the peaches to the dish. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together the yellow cake mix and the apple pie spice and sprinkle over the top covering all the peaches.
- Pat the mixture down lightly. Place the sliced butter squares equally over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until deep golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before scooping.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe