Chocolate dump cake is so decadent with lots of chocolate chips and delicious toppings. Each bite is loaded with chocolate for a dessert you can’t resist.
Chocolate dump cake
With as little as 3 ingredients, this Chocolate Dump Cake comes together quickly and easily for a delicious cake that is super easy to make. Anytime we need a quick dessert that is amazing, we make this easy recipe that starts with a chocolate cake mix.
You won’t believe how simple this is and how decadent it turns out. Seriously each bite is just out of this world and packed with tons of chocolate.
Our family asks for this all the time and it is seriously so easy! We have served this for guests and no one ever believes it is a cake mix with so few ingredients.
It reminds me of those fancy chocolate cobbers some of the restaurants serve. Yum!
Ingredients for chocolate dump cake recipe:
- chocolate cake mix
- instant chocolate pudding
- chocolate chips (Optional but oh so tasty!)
How to make chocolate dump cake:
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Next, go ahead and spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
Pour the milk in the pan. Add in the dry cake mix and the pudding mix into the pan.
Stir everything together with a fork.
If you are using the chocolate chips, go ahead and add those on top of the cake. While this is optional, I highly recommend it because it just adds such an amazing layer of ooey gooey chocolate. 🙂
Bake for 30 minute or until the edges pull away from the pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool before cutting and serving.
Topping ideas for chocolate dump cake recipe:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Try different ice cream flavors. Chocolate fans might like chocolate for double the chocolate flavor!
- Whipped cream
- Drizzle Caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce on top. So good!
- Top with nuts. Pecans or walnuts are great.
This reminds me of a hot fudge sundae. My favorite is a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a generous drizzle of caramel and hot fudge sauce. It is amazing!
You can make this together without hardly any work for a super easy dessert. It really is so simple but so decadent.
It is possible to enjoy a great dessert without a ton of work or expense. Yeah!
What other variations of chocolate dump cake are good?
- Try German chocolate dump cake for a delicious twist on the classic recipe.
- Caramel chocolate dump cake is so tasty. We love adding caramel to the cake.
- Try using white chocolate chips. This is great mixed in with the milk chocolate chips or you can substitute them.
- Add nuts to the cake mixture before it bakes. Yum!
- Peanut Butter chips are also so delicious in the cake. If you love peanut butter and chocolate, this is a great combination.
The ideas are endless for dump cake recipes. They are so easy and delicious and a ton of fun to try new varieties.
Chocolate dump cake is budget friendly!
Not only is this recipe easy and frugal, it is so delicious. This is such a moist cake and really tasty and amazing.
You can easily change or adapt the ingredients based on what you have on hand or prefer. I often use what I already have in the pantry or can get on sale at the grocery store.
We make this all the time and have tried lots of tasty combinations. You are going to love just how simple it is.
I like to pick up different types of cake mixes when they go on sale at the grocery store.
This recipe is so easy to use what you have on hand. I often just use what I already have or what is on sale at the grocery store. We are fans of using what we already have and it saves us time and money.
Easy recipes like this make it so easy to serve your family and guests delicious dessert options without breaking the bank. I love being able to use things we already have to turn them into delicious recipes like this one.
By shopping when things are on sale I save money on groceries and it really helps our budget. Everyone loves this delicious recipe so it is on our permanent menu plan rotation.
Try this amazing chocolate dump cake recipe this week!
This is one of our absolute favorite cake recipes. It is so easy and delicious.
The simple toppings like ice cream and chocolate syrup just make this even better but still keeps it simple. Each bite is so decadent with the gooey chocolate chips. Yum!
You are going to love this and how easy it is. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Print this chocolate dump cake with cake mix below:
Chocolate dump cake is so decadent with lots of chocolate chips and delicious toppings. Each bite is loaded with chocolate for a dessert you can't resist.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the milk in the pan.
- Pour in the cake mix and the pudding mix into the pan.
- Use a fork to stir it together. .
- Top with the chocolate chips (optional) and bake for 30 minute or until the edges pull away from the pan.
- Cool before cutting and serving. Serve with any toppings - ice cream, caramel syrup, whipped cream on top.
Try these other easy dump cake recipes:
- Peach Dump Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- Crock Pot Apple Pie Dump Cake
- Crock Pot Cherry Dump Cake
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats