Table of Contents
This recipe for Cherry Yum Yum has a rich and decadent cream cheese filling you can’t resist. It has a lot of similar flavors of No Bake Cherry Cheesecake. It is almost a no bake dessert recipe as only the crust requires baking for just a few minutes.
What is a Yum Yum Dessert?
It’s a no bake dessert with layers of delicious goodness. The dessert incudes a graham cracker crust, cream cheese layer and fruit.
I used traditional Cherry but you can try other flavors. Our family loves cherry desserts the most.
- 9×13 inch pan
- For the Crust:
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Unsalted butter
- For the Filling:
- Cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- Heavy whipping cream, chilled
- Cherry pie filling
You can find the complete ingredient list at the bottom in the recipe card.
- Cool Whip. Swap the homemade whipped cream for store bought whipped topping.
- Fruit topping. Try blueberry pie filling, strawberry pie filling, peach and apple.
- Almond Extract. Swap out the vanilla for almond extract.
- Nuts. If you like nuts, add chopped pecans or walnuts to the recipe. You can add them into the filling, on top or both.
How to make Cherry Yum Yum:
Step 1. While the oven is preheating, combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl.
Step 2. Carefully, press the crust mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake the crust for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely before topping with the filling.
Step 3. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat for 1 minute at medium-high speed.
Step 4. Get out a separate bowl that is chilled. Add the heavy cream and beat with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Step 5. Gold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Step 6. Carefully spread half of the mixture over the cooled crust. It needs to be completely cool so you don’t ruin the crumb layer underneath.
Step 7. Top the cream cheese layer with the cherry pie filling.
Step 8. Finally, add the remaining cream cheese and whipped cream mixture on top.
Step 9. Spread out the cream cheese layer. Then sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
Step 10. Chill and cut to serve.
Tips for the Best Cherry Yum Yum Recipe
- Make in advance. Cherry Yum Yum tastes even better the day after it’s made. Feel free to make it a day ahead you plan to serve.
- Make graham cracker crumbs. You can also use regular graham cracker sheets and crush them for the crumb mixture. Either use a food processor or place them inside a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Softened Cream Cheese. The mixture is easier to combine and will be smoother if room temperature.
- Crust. Instead of graham cracker crust, substitute vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
It will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 days. Don’t forget to store leftovers covered with plastic wrap.
Cover the dish in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate the dessert.
Freeze Cherry Yum Yum up to a month to enjoy later. Make sure it is an airtight container. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator when ready to serve.
Only the crust has to bake. Everything else is completely no bake.
Yes and I actually prefer it made in advance. It needs at least 4 hours to chill and overnight is even better. I almost always make it in advance to save time and it tastes better too.
More Cherry Desserts:
This decadent Cherry Yum Yum is a must try recipe. Once you make it, please come back and leave a star recipe rating and comment.
Cherry Yum Yum
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs (reserve 2 tablespoons for topping) in a medium bowl, then mix well.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the 9X13 baking dish. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Let the cake cool completely before topping with the filling mixture.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat for 1 minute at medium-high speed.
- Add the heavy cream to a separate chilled bowl and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Then gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly spread half of the whipped cream or cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust without ruining the crumb layer underneath.
- Over the layer of cream cheese, spread the cherry pie filling. Add the remaining cream cheese and whipped cream mixture on top. Then sprinkle with the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe