Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe is a rich and decadent chocolate cake. Plus, the chocolate glaze for bundt cake takes this cake to the next level. Each bite is a chocolate lovers dream!
Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
Sometimes you just want chocolate cake and this recipe does not disappoint. The cake is so moist and delicious. Oh my that glaze is really just the best. You will love it!
We used a bundt cake pan and it turned out gorgeous. The chocolate glaze makes the cake so pretty and looks amazing. It tastes even better.
This cake is seriously the best. You will be so glad you made it! It is a family favorite around here!
Why We Love this Chocolate Bundt Cake:
Homemade Chocolate is really easy to make. We usually have most of the ingredients and so it can be made any day of the week.
- Easy Steps – If you are looking for a cake with simple steps, is the one.
- No Fancy Equipment needed – We love using our hand mixer or electric mix when making cakes, but none is needed for this cake. Whisk together ingredients is that is needed to prepare the Chocolate Bundt Cake.
- Moist and Delicious – Sour Cream is the key ingredient in making this cake super moist. You can also add in Greek Yogurt. It is the perfect substitution.
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Bundt Cake:
For the Chocolate Cake:
- Unsalted Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Large Eggs
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Pure Vanilla Extract
For the Chocolate Glaze:
- Chocolate Finely Chopped
- Heavy Cream
- Granulated Sugar
This is so easy but really takes the cake to the next level. Not only does it taste so decadent but it is very simple to make!
How to make Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- Preheat Oven – Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Bundt Pan – Next, butter and flour a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- Combine Butter Mixture – In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine Dry Ingredients – In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda or baking powder.
- Mix in Half the Butter Mixture – Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended.
- Add the rest – The mixture will be thick. Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Then add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended.
- Mix in Sour Cream – Whisk in the sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour Cake batter into Bundt Pan – Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool Cake – Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a wire rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
- Prepare the Glaze – The glaze is my favorite part and tastes so delicious. The chocolate glaze really pulls the chocolate cake together.
How to make Chocolate Glaze for Bundt Cake:
- Combine Cream and Sugar – While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat.
- Add in Chocolate – Stir until the cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over Cake – Generously drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Serve and Enjoy – Cut into pieces and serve. We like to place a knife in hot water so the slices come out clean and even. It is that easy and so amazing.
You are going to love this amazing and decadent cake. The glaze reminds me of chocolate ganache and just melts in your mouth.
Delicious and so decadent.
What is the Difference between a Bundt Cake and a Regular Cake?
The difference has nothing to do with the ingredients but the pan that is used. A bundt cake pan has a doughnut like shape and a hole in the middle.
A Bundt Cake just seems fancier to me so that is why I make it, especially for a special occasion.
Bundt Pan Recommendation:
Make sure you have a good bundt cake pan for this recipe. We love using this type of pan and the cakes always turn out so pretty.
You can find several on Amazon for a good price. Other pan options are a 9×13 baking pan. You won’t get the same beautiful drizzle of chocolate glaze but it will be tasty.
- Cake Topping – If you want to skip the chocolate, you can top with powdered sugar.
- Additional Toppings – Dark Chocolate Chips, Strawberries, Chopped Nuts, or Raspberries are the perfect topping.
What to Serve with Chocolate Bundt Cake:
- Chocolate Cake and Coffee for breakfast is a great way to start the day.
- Add a side of Vanilla Ice Cream.
- My kids love to have a tall glass of milk.
Chocolate Bundt Cake Tips:
- Cocoa – We recommend using good quality cocoa for that extra good chocolate flavor.
- Glaze – The glaze is the best part, but I love any type of frosting. We recommend not skipping it.
- Grease Bundt Pan – When greasing the bundt pan, make sure you get all the sides and the center of the pan. This allows the cake to be removed from the cake without breaking.
Can you Freeze Bundt Cake?
If you plan on freezing the chocolate bundt cake, I would wait to add the glaze. Cover bundt cake with plastic wrap and foil completely and store in an air tight container.
The Chocolate cake will stay good for up to a month in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, place in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Store Leftovers:
To store any leftovers, this chocolate cake can be stored at room temperature up to 2 days. You can also wrap it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. It will last up to a week in the refrigerator.
Celebration Chocolate Cake:
If you are looking for a cake to celebrate someone special, make this Chocolate Bundt Cake. It is so rich in flavor that a small piece will be the perfect size.
This Chocolate Bundt Cake is perfect for:
But my family agrees, that we can have this cake any day of the week. Every day should be celebrated and this is the perfect cake to do so.
Print this Chocolate Bundt Cake recipe below:
Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe
- For the cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter plus more for the pan
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for the pan
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the chocolate glaze:
- 4 ounces chocolate finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended. The mixture will be thick. Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended. Whisk in the sour cream (or Greek yogurt) and the vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
- While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat. Stir until the cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. Mix in the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Generously drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cut into pieces and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy chocolate recipes:
- Golden Graham S’mores Recipe
- Copycat Swiss Roll Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Crazy Cake Recipe
- Easy S’mores Cake Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe