You’ll love this Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe! With the addition of cream cheese, each cookie is soft and delectable, with a delightful richness in every bite.
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and gooey chocolate chip cookies are amazing. They are so decadent and one of our favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes. The cream cheese in the recipe is a game changer.
It makes the texture soft and fluffy while being rich and creamy. It is a must try and so delicious.
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Cream Cheese (softened)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cream Cheese:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2. Combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, full fat cream cheese and both of the sugars.
Combine until light and fluffy with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until the texture is smooth.
- Step 3. Add the dry ingredients. Reduce the speed to low and then gradually add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until just combined. Scrape down the sides.
- Step 4. Fold in the chocolate chips. Gently mix in the chocolate chips by hand into the batter. Do not use the electric mixer for this step.
- Step 5. Form the dough balls. Drop the cookie dough in round balls onto baking sheets with a cookie scoop or tablespoon (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each). Make sure that the cookies are at least 2 inches a part.
- Step 6. Bake the cookies. Bake for 9-12 minutes until the cookies start to brown around the edges.
- Step 7. Allow to cool. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 8. Serve and enjoy these delicious cookies. Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
At room temperature: Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Keep a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them moist.
In the freezer: Freeze the baked cookies.Wrap in plastic wrap individually and place inside a storage bag or container. Freeze baked cookies up to 2 months.
Unbaked Cookie dough: Another option is to freeze the cookie dough. Form the dough balls as normal and put on a baking sheet. Flash freeze for 1 to 2 hours in the freezer.
Then transfer the dough to a freezer container. You can bake the cookies individually or an entire batch when the craving strikes. Bake as normal but add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if frozen.
Tips for Cookies:
- Full Fat Cream Cheese is best. This recipe is best with full fat cream cheese in a brick. You do not want to use the variety in a tub or reduced fat. The texture will not be the same.
- Line the baking sheet. We suggest lining the pan with parchment paper. This will make clean up a breeze and also help the cookies from sticking to the pan or burning.
- Use a cookie scoop. It is so much easier and faster to make the dough balls using a cookie scoop. Each cookie will also be uniform and will bake evenly.
- Paddle attachment. If you are using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment instead of the whisk attachment. This will help to prevent the dough from overmixing.
- Chill the dough if desired. If you find the dough is too sticky to work with, refrigerate for 30 minutes up to an hour. This will make it more manageable and also help to prevent the cookies from spreading while baking.
- Give the cookies space on the baking sheet. The cookies will spread as they bake so make sure to space the dough.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. They will continue to firm as they cool. It is ok if the center is slightly soft when it first comes out of the oven.
- Sea Salt. Sprinkle sea salt on the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven. The sweet and salty combination is really yummy in this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips on top. You can reserve a few chocolate chips to press into the cookies. Just add to each cookie on the baking sheet before they go in the oven.
- Chocolate Chips. The recipe uses semi sweet chocolate chips. However, you can use anything.
Feel free to substitute dark chocolate, white chocolate or even butterscotch chips. I think it would be tasty to combine 2 different variations.
- Chunks of Chocolate. Top the cookies with chocolate chunks as soon as they come out of the oven. This will make the cookies look even prettier.
What add-ins are good in this recipe?
- Nuts. Try adding chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter for added crunch and flavor. You can separate the dough if you want to make some with nuts and without nuts.
- Candy. M&M’s add a colorful pop to the cookies and even more chocolate taste.
Can you make in advance?
Make this cookie dough up to 3 days in advance. Make the dough as normal and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge up to 3 days.
Now you know how simple this recipe is to make. It is so tasty and the easiest recipe. I think you will be surprised the difference cream cheese makes in chocolate chip cookies.
Even my family members that don’t care for cream cheese, loved these cookies. Let us know what you think once you make them by leaving a comment.
Print this Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies recipe below:
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese and both of the sugars until light and fluffy with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Reduce the speed to low and then gradually add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until just combined.
- Gently mix in the chocolate chips by hand into the batter.
- Drop the cookie dough in round balls onto baking sheets with a cookie scoop or tablespoon (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each). Make sure that the cookies are at least 2 inches a part.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until the cookies start to brown around the edges.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes:
- Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies