Enjoy this luscious Crock Pot Better Than Sex Cake recipe with little effort thanks to the slow cooker. You get all the yummy layers of chocolate, toffee and caramel with the convenience of the crock pot.
Dessert just got easier thanks to this better than sex cake in the slow cooker. This is definitely a game changer if you love making Crock Pot Desserts like I do.
The traditional Better than sex cake is already easy. So easy that it might be hard to imagine a recipe being any simpler. Well, this Better than sex cake crock pot version is such a time saver that it is even simpler.
Table of Contents
Why you will absolutely love this recipe:
- Keep your kitchen cool. No need to heat up the oven or use cake pans. You just need your crock pot.
- The topping stays warm. I love how the chocolate and caramel stay a little warm in the slow cooker.
- It is rich and delicious. It’s really yummy with so many flavors soaked into the cake.
- Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate Chips
- Caramel sauce
- Cool Whip
- Heath bars
Scroll to the bottom of the post and find the complete ingredient list in the recipe card.
- Cake Mix Flavors. Instead of Devil’s food cake mix, try chocolate or German chocolate cake mix. Both of these are great options that everyone will love.
- More Chocolate. Add a handful of chocolate chips to the cake batter for a dessert that is even more decadent.
- Candy. Try other candy. This is a great way to use leftover candy. Crush other candy bars on top such as Butterfinger, Reese’s Cups, snickers, hershey bars and more.
How to make Better than Sex Crockpot Cake:
Step 1. Get out a large mixing bowl and combine the cake mix ingredients along with the vanilla extract and ½ of the sweetened condensed milk. Make sure everything is mixed thoroughly.
Step 2. Spray your crock pot with cooking spray or use crockpot liners if you prefer. Either option will make cleanup much easier. Pour the cake batter into the crockpot.
Step 2. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Place the cover on and allow to cook for 2-3 hours.
Step 3. Check the cake after 2 hours. Cooking times vary based on each slow cooker so it’s best to check it.
Step 4. Poke holes all over the cake. This will help the yummy liquid soak into every part of the cake.
Step 5. Pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake. Spread it all over the cake.
Step 6. Add the toppings to the cake. Pour the caramel ice cream topping all over the chocolate poke cake. Remove the insert and let chill for 30 minutes.
Step 7. Finally, add the cool whip and chopped toffee bits when ready to serve. Ice Cream is another yummy serving suggestion.
Tips for the best cake
- Generously poke holes. I like to use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes. Make sure to do this all over the cake so the filling can soak in.
- Check on the cake. Cooking times vary in slow cookers. Check on the cake after about 2 hours.
- Chill the cake. Allow the cake to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before adding whipped cream and candy. Serve at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use a regular crock pot. However, if you prefer the cake look more like a regular cake, use a casserole style slow cooker.
Place leftovers in the fridge. Either place the lid on the crock pot insert or you can transfer the cake to an airtight container. Either option will keep the cake fresh.
More slow cooker desserts:
- Crockpot Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Crockpot Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Crockpot Lava Cake Recipe
- Crockpot Peach Cobbler Recipe
Make this delicious recipe today and leave a star recipe rating and a comment. I love hearing from you!
Crock pot better than sex cake recipe
- Mix the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and ½ of the sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl.
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the crock pot and top with the chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check the cake after 2 hours as each crock pot cooks differently.
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the remaining sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Remove the crock pot insert from the crock pot and allow to cool at room temperature and then move to the refrigerate to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with the cool whip and chopped up heath bars and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe