With only 4 ingredients, you can enjoy Double chocolate cake mix cookies in minutes. Get your chocolate fix with very little work when you make this soft and chewy cookies.
Double chocolate cake mix cookies
Each bite of these cookies is loaded with chocolate and more chocolate. This is definitely the recipe for chocolate lovers to try. Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are super easy but each bite is simply amazing.
They are so ooey and gooey and the chocolate chips just make these out of this world. If you enjoyed our Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe, or our Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe, you will absolutely love this new recipe.
It includes all things chocolate and does not disappoint. You are going to love these. Trust me.
- Chocolate Cake Mix – I used a Betty Crocker cake mix but any will work in this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make these Cookies:
First, preheat oven.
Next, combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl. The batter will be thick but this is normal.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon onto cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between the dough balls. We like to use cookie scoops and it makes the cookies uniform and the process faster.
You can also roll the dough into balls before placing them on the baking sheet if you prefer.
Bake until they start to brown slightly on the edges. Bake for 8-10 minutes for the smaller cookies and if you have a larger cookie scoop than you will need to bake for 12 minutes.
Allow them to cool slightly before taking them off the cookie sheet and moving them to cooling racks to cool completely (20 minutes to 30 minutes).
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Tips for this Recipe:
- I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies. I also think they look more uniform when you use a cookie scoop.
- Another handy kitchen item I like to use are these baking liners to bake my cookies. Clean up is easy and the cookies turn out perfectly every time!
- Since the cookies are brown, it’s hard to tell when they are done. Make sure to watch them closely while they are baking. They will get slightly brown around the edges when they are done so make sure to pull them out once they are done.
Make sure to check out all our tips and tricks on how to make cake mix cookies perfectly every time.
Variations for cake mix cookies:
- Add white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips to the cake mixture.
- Try other cake mixes such as: strawberry, white cake mix cookies, devil’s food cake mix and more.
- Add nuts – pecan or walnut are yummy.
- Use various sprinkles for holidays or other occasions.
- Add brown sugar to the box of cake mix.
- Make an ice cream sandwich with these cookies. Yum!
- You can roll the cookie dough in powder sugar before baking.
- If you love double stuffed cookies at the bakery but not the price, try making them at home with these delicious cake mix cookies. Whip up some easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe and make your own at home in minutes.
Storage and How to Freeze:
Store any leftover cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Also, you can put a piece a bread in the container with the cookies to keep the cookies moist.
You can also easily freeze these cookies. Place them in a freezer bag or freezer container for up to 2-3 months. Let the cookies defrost at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy.
Stock up when cake mixes go on sale:
I like to buy several cake mixes when I spot a good sale at the grocery store. We tend to have lots of last minute baking needs and having this in the pantry means it not a problem!
It seems we always need to bring cookies to this event or that function. Since you don’t need many ingredients, they are so easy to mix up on the spur of the moment.
We can easily make these to take to a get together or event on a moments notice. The kids have even had a bunch of friends over and we made these quickly.
Print this recipe below:
Double chocolate cake mix cookies
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a bowl. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until they start to brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow them to cool slightly before taking them off the cookie sheet. Finish cooling on a cookie rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe