Try making Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies for the perfect treat in minutes. The secret is using a cake mix for cookies with hardly any work that taste amazing.
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
If you love strawberry cake, you are going to really love these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies. Oh my goodness cake mix cookies are soft and chewy.
The kids love to help make these and they are such a fabulous sweet treat. Our entire family loves these and I can whip up a batch of cookies in hardly any time at all.
We have made these for school parties, holidays, birthdays and more. I love that they are so inexpensive to make a large batch and you can easily feed a crowd with these.
If you are short on time but need a dessert or quick snack, this is the perfect recipe to make. Our entire family goes crazy over these cookies and they are so easy the kids can make them!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake Cookies:
My favorite part is that you only need 4 ingredients to make this super easy strawberry cookies. I love dessert recipes that can easily be made with simple ingredients.
- 1 Box of Cake Mix – Strawberry Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
What size Cake Mix?
I used a 15.25 oz strawberry cake mix to make these strawberry cookies and it worked great. This is the most common cake mix that is available.
They do make 18 oz cake mixes and I have found that they also work great to make these cake mix cookies. Cookies made with an 18 oz cake mix have more of a cake like texture but still taste great.
How to make strawberry crinkle cookies with cake mix:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Then mix everything together in a large bowl. You batter will be thick but that is normal.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies from the mixing bowl and then roll the dough balls in powdered sugar.
Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies on the baking sheet.
Bake until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then move them to a wire rack to cool completely. Then they are ready to serve. Keep reading for the full recipe below.
Tips for the perfect cake mix cookies:
- If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops! I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you can use an ice cream scoop too.
- It is also a good idea to use a cooling rack. Place the cookies on racks to cool completely.
- We also line baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes cleaning large baking sheets easier as well.
You will save lots of time and this is one of our favorite easy recipes. It is one of the easiest dessert recipes ever.
- Make double stuffed cookies by whipping up some easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe and placing this between 2 of these strawberry cookies.
- You can also fold in white chocolate chips into the batter before baking to add a bit of chocolate to these strawberry cake mix cookies. I would stir in approximately 1 cup.
- The powder sugar is optional in this recipe. If you leave it out, the cookies will still taste great.
- You can dip half the cookies in melted white chocolate to create a fun variation on this cookie recipe.
- I love using a strawberry cake mix for this cookie recipe, but you can easily use your favorite flavor of cake mix: vanilla, chocolate, red velvet and cherry chip would all be delicious.
- These cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day. You can make them in a heart shape or top with them Valentine’s Day sprinkles to make them more festive.
Storage and How to Freeze:
Store any leftover cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. Also, you can put a piece a bread in the container with the cookies to keep the cookies moist.
You can also easily freeze these cookies. Place them in a freezer bag or freezer container for up to 2-3 months. Let the cookies defrost at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy.
Stock up when cake mixes go on sale:
I like to buy several cake mixes when I spot a good sale at the grocery store. We tend to have lots of last minute baking needs and having this in the pantry means I can make cookies whenever I want.
It seems we always need to bring cookies to this event or a function. Since you don’t need many ingredients, they are so easy to mix up on the spur of the moment.
We can easily make these to take to a get together or event on a moments notice. The kids have even had a bunch of friends over and we made these quickly.
Print this cookie recipe below:
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 Strawberry cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl. (Batter will be thick).
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and roll in powdered sugar. This is optional and they are great without the powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other cake mix cookies:
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
- The Best Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
More Strawberry Desserts:
- Strawberry Sheet Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Strawberry Jello Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe