Halloween Marshmallows are so quick and easy. Make this fun and festive party treat as ghosts, Jack O Lanterns and Frankenstein.
These marshmallow Halloween treats look similar to cake pops but with dipped marshmallows. It is such an easy no bake treat that is simple to transform into spooky Halloween Marshmallow Pops.
You will love how they look for your Halloween Party. Try more Quick and Easy Halloween Treats for a fabulous dessert table.
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Green Candy Melts
- Orange Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts
- Black Sprinkles
- Green Gumdrops
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Black Edible Pen
- Lollipop Sticks
How to decorate marshmallows for Halloween:
- Step 1. Insert the lollipop sticks. Place a lollipop stick into the base of a marshmallow and gather the following ingredients.
- Step 2. Melt the candy. Melt each color of the candy melts in a separate microwavable safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Step 3. Start with the green candy melts. Dip 6 of the marshmallows in the melted green candy melts.
- Step 4. Dip into black sprinkles. Dip the top of these marshmallows in the Black jimmies. Place in a styrofoam block to set and add on 2 of the googly eyes before the melted candy sets.
- Step 5. Dip into orange candy melts. In a separate bowl melt 6 of the marshmallows in the melted orange candy melts to make a jack-o-lantern. Place in a Styrofoam block to set and top each one with the green gum drop.
- Step 6. Finally, dip into white candy melts. Dip the remaining marshmallows in the melted white candy melts. Place in a styrofoam block to set.
- Step 7. Decorate the faces. Once all the marshmallows are dried. Use the black edible pen to draw on the faces of Frankenstein, Jack O Lanterns and ghosts.
- Step 8. Allow to set. Once the pen has dried, the marshmallows are ready to serve and enjoy! If you don’t have Styrofoam, you can place the marshmallow treats on a paper lined baking sheet.
Jump to recipe for complete instructions.
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallows. Substitute melted chocolate chips for the candy melts if desired. You can use melted white chocolate and food coloring or belgian extra dark chocolate for other creations.
- Sprinkles. Instead of making faces, dip into melted candy. Then roll in Halloween sprinkles. This is another fun option to try with purple sprinkles, orange, black and more.
- Candy Coating. Switch out the candy color to make these for any season or holiday. They are so much fun to make for Christmas and more.
- Let kids make their own creature. This fun recipe can easily be modified for kids to make their own monsters.
- Straw. Instead of lollipop sticks, use a festive straw instead.
- Mummies. Dip into white candy melts and drizzle more on top to make a mummy.
Tips for Easy Halloween Marshmallows:
- Melt the candy increments. It is important to melt the candy in 20-second increments. This will prevent burning or cooking it too long as microwaves vary.
- Wrap individually in cellophane. Hand these out for gifts and party favors. Wrap them in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
- Remove excess candy melts. When you dip marshmallows, remove any excess candy melts or excess chocolate.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 1 week. Separate the layers with parchment paper.
We do not suggest storing in the refrigerator as it will create moisture and make the decorations run.
Display for parties in a mason jar if desired.
More Fun Halloween Treats:
- Halloween Cake Pops
- Easy Halloween Donuts
- Halloween Popcorn
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Print the recipe for Halloween Marshmallows:
- Place a lollipop stick into each of the jumbo marshmallows.
- Melt each color of the candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted.
- Dip 6 of the marshmallows in the melted green candy melts.
- Dip the top of these marshmallows in the Black sprinkles. Place in a styrofoam block to set and add on 2 of the candy eyes before the melted candy sets.
- Dip 6 of the marshmallows in the melted orange candy melts. Place in a styrofoam block to set and top each one with the green gum drop.
- Dip the remaining marshmallows in the melted white candy melts. Place in a styrofoam block to set.
- Once all the marshmallows are dried. Use the black edible to draw on the faces of Frankenstein, Jack O Lanterns and ghosts.
- Once the pen has dried, the marshmallows are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe