Learn how to make these soft and fluffy Krispy Kreme Donut Holes at home. This copycat recipe is easy to make and so delicious.
Everyone loves Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut holes. This simple recipe makes it effortless to enjoy at home. Just add a cup of hot coffee and you are set.
Table of Contents
Why we love this recipe
Each donut hole is so light and fluffy. The glaze is so decadent. Anyone can make this krispy kreme doughnut recipe.
For the Donut Holes
- Boiling Water
- All Purpose Flour
- Dry Active Yeast
- Butter, melted
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Melted Butter
Find the complete list at the bottom of the page.
How to make Krispy Kreme donut holes
Step 1. Combine the milk and boiling water in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2. Then stir in the yeast and sugar. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
Step 3. Add the flour to a mixing bowl.
Step 4. Pour in the melted butter and combine with the flour using a standing mixer.
Step 5. Add the remaining sugar and salt.
Step 6. Mix in the egg and yeast mixture and blend until a dough is formed.
Step 7. Add more flour if needed. The texture of the dough should pull away from the spatula but will still be slightly tacky.
Step 8. Place the dough on a floured surface. Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes.
Step 9. Place the dough in a bowl coated in oil. Allow the dough to rise for at least an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
Step 10. Put the dough on wax paper or parchment paper.
Step 11. Separate the dough into 4 even sections. Then stretch each section into a long rope that is approximately 1 inch thick.
Step 12. Cut into pieces and roll them into balls with your hands.
Step 13. Heat the oil in a stockpot. Work in batches and fry the donut holes until they are golden brown.
Step 14. Combine the glaze ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Make sure that the glaze is warm.
Step 15. Dunk each of the donut holes in the glaze.
Step 16. Place the donut holes on a cooling rack. Once the donut holes have cooled, they are ready to serve and enjoy!
How to store
Refrigerate the leftover donut holes in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat the Krispy Kreme doughnut holes in the microwave when enjoying the leftovers.
- Stockpot or deep fryer. Either option is perfect for this recipe.
- Fry in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Allow to rise. The donut holes should double in size.
More copycat dessert recipes
These bite-sized treats are so easy that you can prepare them today! Make sure to leave a comment once you try this Krispy Kreme donut hole recipe.
Krispy Kreme Donut Holes
For the Donut Holes:
- Mix together the milk and boiling water in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the melted butter, flour, remaining sugar and salt.
- Mix in the egg and yeast mixture and blend until a dough is formed. Add more flour if needed. The dough should pull away from the spatula but will still be slightly tacky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface and knead the dough for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and allow the dough to rise for at least an hour until the dough has doubled in size.
- Separate the dough into 4 even sections. Stretch each section into a long rope that is approximately 1 inch thick. Cut approximately 1 inch pieces of the dough off the rope and roll them into balls with your hands. Then place them on a baking sheet, cover them with a cloth while you prepare the oil.
- Place vegetable oil in a large stockpot at least 3-4 inches deep. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. Fry the donut holes in the oil and fry them until they are golden brown on each side (approximately 2 minutes). Work in batches so you do not over crowd the pan. After frying, move the donut holes to a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Mix together the ingredients for the glaze in a mixing bowl. Make sure that the glaze is warm. Dunk each of the donut holes in the glaze and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the donut holes have cooled, they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe