Lemon Icebox Cake is so luscious and delicious with just a few simple ingredients. This simple no bake dessert is full of lemon flavor and so creamy.
I absolutely love lemon desserts and this is so easy to make. The entire recipe only calls for a few ingredients and no baking required. If you love lemon desserts as much as we do, then you are going to love this no-bake cake.
If you enjoyed our Lemon Icebox pie, this new recipe for icebox lemon cake is a must try. It is so amazing and an easy lemon dessert. The lemon flavor is light and refreshing with layers of lemon pudding and graham cracker crust.
What is an Icebox Cake?
It is a simple layered dessert with cookies, graham crackers or something similar that includes whipped cream and other yummy ingredients. It requires the refrigerator to set and typically is an easy recipe.
Lemon Icebox Cake Ingredients:
- Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- Cool whip
- Whole Milk
- Graham Crackers
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Lemon Juice
How to Make a Lemon Icebox Cake?
- Step 1 – Mix Pudding Mix, Cool whip, and Milk – In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mixes, cool whip and milk.
- Step 2 – Layer with Graham Crackers – Next, place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 9X13 pan. It’s ok to break some of them up to make a complete layer.
- Step 3 -Layer with Pudding Mixture – Then spread half of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Then place graham crackers on top of that mixture.
- Step 4 – Continue Layering – Top with the remaining pudding mixture and 1 more layer of graham crackers.
- Step 5 – Mix Lemon Frosting – In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the lemon frosting.
- Step 6 – Frost the Cake – Spread the frosting over the top. The frosting is the perfect topping for this fabulous cake. Place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – It adds the perfect amount of sweetness and is amazing! Each bite is really special.
Do I Need the Ingredients on the back of the Pudding Box?
No, there is no need to add the additional ingredients from the pudding mix. Just make sure to grab Instant Lemon pudding from the grocery store.
Combine with the milk and the other ingredients is all you need to mix the pudding mix.
What does Softened Cream Cheese mean?
To make this recipe it is essential that the cream cheese is softened. This means that the cream cheese needs to get to room temperature prior to mixing with the other ingredients.
If you need to quickly bring cream cheese to room temperature, simply cut the cream cheese into cubes and separate. This allows for the cream cheese to softened in about 20 minutes when left on the counter.
How Long does an Icebox Cake need to be Refrigerated?
Place in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours and cover with plastic wrap. Slice, serve and enjoy.
It needs time to set so you will want to make this cake in advance. I prefer to make it over night so the graham crackers get soft and blend into the lemon pudding mixture.
How long does an Icebox Cake last?
Typically 2-3 days. The cake will become very mushy after awhile.
You do not want to make this too far in advance.
We love to top the No Bake Lemon Icebox Cake with many different toppings. These are some of my favorites.
- Fresh Fruit such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries.
- Fresh Lemon Curd, Slices or lemon zest
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Whip Topping
Tips for No Bake Lemon Icebox Cake:
- Baking Dish – This recipe is perfect in a 9×13 baking dish. The ones with the lid are really handy if you are taking this dessert somewhere. Makes cleanup a breeze.
- Disposable Pans – I often use the disposable pans for the cake if I’m taking it to a cook out or party. I like not having to worry about the pan.
- Make for Potlucks – This is a great recipe to take to potlucks or if you are taking a meal to someone. This dessert is always a hit and easy to transport.
Plus, it is very simple and inexpensive to prepare.
Print this Lemon Icebox Cake Recipe:
No Bake Lemon Ice Box Cake
- In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mixes, cool whip and milk.
- Place a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of a 9X13 pan. It’s ok to break some of them up to make a complete layer.
- Then spread half of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Then place graham crackers on top of that mixture.
- Top with the remaining pudding mixture and 1 more layer of graham crackers.
- Then in a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the lemon frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the top and place in the refrigerator for approximately 4 hours.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe