This moist pumpkin bread recipe is delicious and easy to make. The secret is a pudding mix and it’s a game changer. Each bite is full of pumpkin flavor.
This pumpkin bread recipe is a family favorite and we can’t get enough. I think you will soon find out why once you make it. This quick bread recipe is loaded with flavor.
I am pretty picky about homemade pumpkin bread. I don’t want it to be too dry or too crumbly or too bland. It needs to be moist and have the perfect blend of all the things.
If you love our banana bread recipe then you are going to love this pumpkin flavored bread.
You may also love this Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why you will love this recipe:
- Perfect Pumpkin Flavor. It is not overpowering and perfectly balanced.
- Moist and delicious. The pudding mix in this recipe makes the bread so moist.
- Easy to make with pantry ingredients. The ingredients are simple!
- All Purpose Flour
- Vanilla Pudding Mix Dry – the small box
- Pumpkin Spice – learn how to make pumpkin pie spice.
- Large Eggs
- Can of Pumpkin
- Baking Soda
Skip to the bottom of the post and find the complete ingredient list.
- Dried Cranberry – Add a handful to the bread mixture before baking for an easy change of flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – Toss in a handful of chocolate chips in the mixture. Pumpkin and chocolate make a delicious combination.
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle with teaspoon ground cinnamon sugar on top before baking. Not only will it look pretty but taste amazing.
- Muffins – Make pumpkin muffins instead of bread. Just adjust the time as muffins will take less time to bake. You can make regular size muffins or mini.
- Chopped Nuts – I love adding walnuts and pecans.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Make a cream cheese frosting to top the bread for the best pumpkin bread recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2 – Prepare Loaf Pan – You need a 9×5 loan pan. Spray it with cooking spray and set aside.
Step 3 – Combine Dry Ingredients – Get out a large bowl and combine all of the dry ingredients.
Step 4 – Stir in Wet Ingredients – Gradually stir in the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Step 5 – Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Step 6 – Serve – Cool the pumpkin bread on wire rack and serve.
Tips for pumpkin bread:
- Pumpkin Puree – Learn how to make Pumpkin Puree. If you do a lot of baking with pumpkin, this will save money. Do not use pumpkin pie filling as you will not have the same results.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – If you are out of this, you can make homemade pumpkin pie spice. It is made with allspice, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Mini Loaves – Make mini loaves for an easy homemade gifts.
- Don’t overmix. Mix the batter until just combined.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We recommend inserting a knife or toothpick into center of bread. If it comes out clean with soft crumbs, then bread is finished cooking.
To easily remove the pumpkin bread from the loaf pan, we recommend lining it with parchment paper.
This happens when the bread is not cooked or the right amount of ingredients are not added. Make sure to bake the bread as soon as you pour into pan.
Yes, they are the same thing. There are no other ingredients added and it is just simply pumpkin.
Yes! Just wrap the bread with plastic wrap and put in a freezer bag. Another tip is to freeze individual slices instead of an entire loaf.
If stored properly, it will last about 3 months.
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe
- The easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Delight
Try this easy pumpkin bread recipe for all the flavors of Fall. Once you make it, leave a comment please.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir in wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 – 65 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe