Skip the store bought pies and make this Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe. You won’t be disappointed with this creamy and delicious pumpkin pie. Just a few ingredients and this pie comes together for a great dessert.
Once you try this amazing pie recipe, you won’t buy those frozen pies or bakery pies anymore. This easy pumpkin pie is sure to impress.
I don’t consider myself a baker and it was very easy to make. You are going to love it. Check out all our Thanksgiving Pie Recipes.
The only thing that could possibly make this pie better is homemade whipped cream. If you have a few extra minutes, go ahead and make some. It’s so easy and I promise you will love it.
Try this Butternut Squash Pie Recipe for another delicious dessert recipe.
Table of Contents
- Best Crust for Pumpkin Pie:
- Why Make this Pumpkin Pie:
- Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
- Variations Ideas:
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie:
- Recipe Tips:
- How do you know when Pumpkin Pie is Cooked:
- How to Store Leftovers:
- Can you Freeze Pumpkin Pie?
- Do you use Evaporated Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- More Easy Pie Recipes:
- The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe Recipe
Best Crust for Pumpkin Pie:
Making a homemade pie crust for this best pumpkin pie recipe is easier than you think. This Homemade Pie Crust only requires 3 ingredients and is simple to make. But feel free to use a premade pie crust or a frozen pie crust to make this pumpkin pie recipe.
You can also use a graham cracker pie crust if your prefer.
Why Make this Pumpkin Pie:
Making classic pumpkin pie recipe from scratch can seem hard to do. But this Pumpkin Pie is so easy that you will be making this for all your holiday plans. You only need a few ingredients to make the pumpkin pie.
The filling turns out so thick and creamy topped on a delicious crust. You can make homemade pie crust or simple by one at the store. However you prepare it, the pie will turn out delicious and everyone will love it.
Top the pumpkin pie with cool whip for the perfect pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
- Store-Bought Pie Crust, unbaked
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Large Eggs
- Canned Pumpkin Puree
- Evaporated Milk
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card to see the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Warm Spices – For a warmer flavor for your pumpkin pie, feel free to add in teaspoon ground cinnamon and teaspoon ground ginger. We have even added in a teaspoon of ground nutmeg and teaspoon ground cloves for added flavor. This gives a hint of sweetness to the recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie:
Step 1 – In a small bowl combine sugars, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
Step 2 – In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then stir in pumpkin puree followed by the dry ingredients.
Step 3 – Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and mix to combine.
Step 4 – Pour pumpkin pie filling into pie shell and bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and then bake an additional 40-50 minutes. Then cool on a wire rack.
- Combining Ingredients – Whisk the ingredients together in a bowl. Making sure that every is combined completely.
- Baking Pie – Bake pie in a 9-inch pie pan at a high heat for about 15 minutes then reduce heat and continue baking.
- Cool Pie – Make sure to cool pie before serving. We like making the pie the night before so it has time to completely cool.
How do you know when Pumpkin Pie is Cooked:
This pumpkin pie takes about an hour to cook. You will know when the pumpkin pie is done when the custard edges start crack. The center of the pie will be a little wet but will set as the pie cools.
The recipe indicates, it is important to blind bake this pie at high temperature of 425 degrees for 15 minutes. This make sure the crust cooks completely. Then the temperature of the oven needs to be reduced to 400 to finish cooking.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store your leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. We like to place a loose piece of wax paper over the top while storing.
Before storing make sure your pumpkin pie has cooled to room temperature.
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Pie?
Yes, this pumpkin pie can be placed in the freezer. Wrap the pumpkin pie with plastic wrap, then wrap in aluminum foil and place in the freezer.
If the pumpkin pie is stored properly, it will stay fresh for up to one month. This is the perfect pie to make in preparation for the holiday season. See Can you freeze pumpkin pie? to learn how to freeze.
Do you use Evaporated Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk?
This easy pumpkin pie is made with evaporated milk. But you can use sweetened condensed milk if you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you see watery on top of the pie after it has cooled, then it is simply the condensation. If it is watery after pulling from the oven, it could mean that the pie was overcooked. The proteins in the custard have thickened to much.
Yes, this homemade pumpkin pie needs to be refrigerated. Make sure to cover with a plastic wrap and store for up to 3 days.
If you have trouble with your pumpkin pie crust from getting soggy, you may need to pre-bake your crust. This gives a head start on baking and allows it to slightly cook before adding in the pumpkin filling. Feel free to put a piece of parchment paper down in the crust before baking.
More Easy Pie Recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Sprite Pie Recipe
- Quick and Easy Reese’s Pie Recipe
- Try one of these 30 Best Pie Recipes
If you make The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment. We love hearing from you.
The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine sugars, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs then stir in pumpkin puree followed by the dry ingredients. Slowly stir in the evaporated milk and mix to combine.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake an additional 40-50 minutes.
- Cool on baking rack until completely cooled (at least 2 hours).
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe