Pumpkin Pie Cake is so easy to make and it all starts with a cake mix. If you are a pumpkin fan, you will love this decadent cake with chopped pecans, pumpkin and more.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe:
This has to be one of the easiest recipes but one of the most delicious. You don’t need to be a baker to whip this up. Seriously if you can toss a few things into a bowl and stir, you can make this easy cake recipe.
It tastes like pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake all in one. The best of both worlds. Top it with homemade whipped cream and you have a really luscious dessert.
Easy Pumpkin Dessert:
If you love pumpkin desserts as much as my family, then you need to make this easy recipe. The ingredients are simple and the recipe calls for a cake mix, spices and can pumpkin.
Impress your family and friends this holiday with this simple pumpkin pie cake. The prep time is very easy as everything is layered in a baking dish. This helps to minimize dishes and cleanup.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Cake:
- Can Pumpkin
- Can Evaporated Milk
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (Homemade pumpkin pie spice is so easy.)
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Chopped Pecans
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cake:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients – Next, mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, and sugar. Add eggs, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
- Step 3 – Pour Pumpkin Batter – Pour into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Step 4 – Top with Cake Mix – Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the entire pumpkin mixture in the pan.
- Step 5 – Top with Butter – Spoon melted butter over the dry cake mix. Sprinkle chopped nuts over all. You can leave the nuts off if you do not care for these but we love them.
- Step 6 – Bake Cake – Bake for 55 minutes. Serve warm or cold. It’s delicious either way.
- Prepare Baking Dish – We recommend spraying the baking dish with cooking spray. This helps to easily serve the dump cake and for an easy clean up.
- Layer Ingredients – After pouring the pumpkin cake ingredients layer the cake mix and melted butter over the top. This allows for the cake to cook perfectly and with a golden brown top.
- Pumpkin – Make sure to use Can Pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling to make this recipe. Pumpkin Pie Filling does not work in this recipe.
- Baking Dish – Make sure to make this cake in a 9×13 baking pan. It baked in a smaller pan it could overflow in your oven or be to thin.
- Cake Mix – We used a yellow cake mix in this recipe. But you can use any flavor of cake mix. Make this recipe with a white cake mix or a spice cake mix for delicious flavor.
- Chopped Nuts – We can mix this recipe without nuts but we love to top with chopped pecans. Feel free to use other types of nuts. Slice almonds or chopped walnuts for a delicious variations. You can even use shredded coconut or toffee bits.
- Topping – You can serve this pumpkin pie cake topped with a whipped cream or cool whip. When we serve it warm, we love to top with vanilla ice cream.
- Brown Sugar – If you prefer you can use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Sugar and cinnamon is the perfect combination when mixed with the other ingredients.
- Cool Completely – This recipe is perfect to serve warm or at room temperature.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the leftovers in the refrigerator for best results. Make sure the pumpkin pie cake has cooled before storing. Cover the cake with a plastic wrap and it will last about 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
How do you know when Pumpkin Cake is done:
We cooked this cake in about 55 minutes. Cooking time will vary based on your oven but I would check it around this time. The center maybe jiggly but it will finish cooking as it rest on the counter.
The center will stiffen as the cake cools on wire racks.
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Pie Cake?
Yes, you can freeze pumpkin pie cake. Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, place the cake in a freezer safe container. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to ensure no freezer burns.
This cake will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
Once you are ready to serve, allow the pumpkin cake to thaw overnight in the fridge. We like to reheat and serve warm. But you can also serve cold.
Print Easy Pumpkin Pie Cake Recipe:
Pumpkin pie cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9×13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the entire pumpkin mixture in the pan.
- Spoon melted butter over the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over all.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes:
- The Easiest Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cake Recipe