These Pumpkin Pie Cookies are like a mini pumpkin pie. It has all the delicious flavors of a pumpkin pie but can be held in your hand.
If you are looking for the perfect dessert to make this holiday season these Pumpkin Pie Cookies are it. They have all the flavors of a mini pumpkin pies but made into the cookies. You even use a refrigerator pie crust.
Table of Contents
Can I use Homemade Pie Crust?
We like to make easy recipes, but still have that homemade taste. You can definitely use a homemade pie crust for this recipe, but a refrigerator pie crust works just as good.
If you are looking for an easy Homemade Pie crust, try this 3 Ingredient Pie Crust Recipe.
For the Cookies:
- Refrigerated Pie Crust (2 crust in the package, defrosted)
- Pure Canned Pumpkin
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice
- Egg Beaten
- Brown Sugar
Scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Cookie Base – We used a premade pie crust but you can also make these with sugar cookie dough.
- Seasoning – If you want, you can add in additional spices to the pumpkin. Our suggestions would be a teaspoon of nutmeg, ginger or allspice.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Drizzle a cream cheese frosting over the top for added flavor.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Step 2 – Roll one of the pie crust onto a cutting board or a flat working surface. Use a 2 ½ inch cookie cutter to cut the pie crust into circles.
Step 3 – Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin filling in half of the circles and then place the other circles on top.
Step 4 – Seal the edges of each of the cookies with the back of a fork. Then gently make 3 incisions on top of each cookie
Step 5 – Brush the top of the cookies with the beaten egg. Then sprinkle the brown sugar on top generously.
Step 6 – Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes until the cookies are golden light brown. Cool completely to room temperature and serve.
Mini Pumpkin Pie Cookies Tips:
- Chill Pie Crust – Make sure to keep your pie crust chilled until you are ready to assemble the cookies and work quickly when assembling the cookies so that the cookies are not tough.
- Cookie Cutter – Use a cookie cutter to cut circles in the pie crust. You can also place a glass upside down on the pie crust and cut the circles that way.
- Large Pumpkin Cookies – If you prefer you can make 4 inch handle pumpkin pie cookies. Then you can cut in serve in smaller pieces. We just enjoy the mini version better.
- Mixer – You can use an electric mixer or hand mixer to mix the pumpkin ingredients.
- Chocolate Chip – You can easily add chocolate chips with the pumpkin pie mix to add flavor.
- Pumpkin Puree – When making this recipe use pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie filling. The pumpkin pie filling has added ingredients that are not needed for this recipe.
- Whipped cream. We like to make homemade whipped cream. It is very simple to make in a small bowl.
- Reddi Whip. This is an easy topping if you need to grab something fast.
- Cool Whip. Try this in vanilla flavor.
- Honey. Drizzle honey all over the mini pumpkin cookies.
- Caramel Sauce. This is so decadent drizzled on top.
- Powdered Sugar. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of each mini pumpkin cookie.
- Top with Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream is delicious on the pumpkin pie cookies.
Frequently Asked Quetions:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. We usually keep on the counter, but you can place in the refrigerator if you prefer.
I have not tried to freeze these cookies, but if store properly they should freeze great. Make sure to place in a freezer safe container and it can placed in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts:
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Cake Pops Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make these pumpkin pie stuffed cookies, make sure to leave us a star review.
Pumpkin Pie Cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Pie Crust 2 crust in the package, defrosted
- 1 cup Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Roll one of the pie crust onto a cutting board or a flat working surface. Use a 2 ½ inch cookie cutter to cut the pie crust into circles.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the pumpkin filling in half of the circles and then place the other circles on top. Seal the edges of each of the cookies with the back of a fork and then gently make 3 incisions on top of each cookie (this will allow the top crust to sink as the cookies bake). Then place each cookie on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the cookies with the beaten egg and sprinkle the brown sugar on top generously.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Let the cookies sit for 10 minutes and then move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe