Fall means baking and these Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are amazing. They are so easy that you can easily make them in under 30 minutes. Plus each bite is packed with pumpkin flavor and lots of chocolate chips.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
We love pumpkin and these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies do not disappoint. They are so soft and chewy and just the best. If you love pumpkin flavor, these are going to be a hit.
The chocolate chips really make the cookies decadent and we all love them.
Let’s get ready to bake! These cookies will have you ready for Fall.
You only need a few ingredients and it is so simple to make these pumpkin cookies from scratch. Everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen when really the recipe was super easy.
Ingredients for easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
- Pumpkin Puree (canned) – I think the canned options works best for this recipe over fresh.
- Granulated Sugar – You can use brown sugar instead if you don’t have white sugar.
- Vegetable Oil – You can sub with canola oil or melted coconut oil.
- Egg – This is necessary to hold the cookies together.
- Vanilla – In most of my cookie recipes and adds a nice sweetness to this cookies.
- All Purpose Flour – I use unbleached flour for this recipe.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda – I use both to make sure that the cookies lift perfectly.
- Cinnamon – Because every Fall dessert needs a little bit of cinnamon.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – add an extra ½ teaspoon if you like spice)
- Salt – just a pinch to bring out all the flavors in the other ingredients.
- Milk – Just a small amount. You can use almond milk or cream as well.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – I like to use semi-sweet for this recipe but milk chocolate chips would work great too.
How to make the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Then mix these ingredients together until smooth.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients (flour mixture) to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
Drop cookies on by the spoonful about 2 inches apart. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops if desired. We love to using a cookie scoop to make sure each cookie is approximately the same size so that they bake evenly.
Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for the Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Use a Cookie Scoop – If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops! I have had mine for several years and I use them for all types of baking. Using a scoop also ensure that the cookies are the same size and bake more evenly.
- Use Parchment Paper – I line my baking sheets with parchment paper when making these cookies for an easy clean up and to ensure that the cookies don’t get too brown on the bottom.
- Do Not over mix – I recommend mixing the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand to ensure that dough is not over mixed. Over mixing the dough will cause flat cookies.
- Use Pumpkin Puree – Make sure that you use Pumpkin puree not the “pumpkin pie filling”. I have had some readers confuse the 2 and the cookies do not turn out the same.
How to Store:
Once these cookies have cooled completely store them in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5-7 days.
The flavor in these cookies enhance as they sit. Some have even said that they are better the next day!
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes, these can be stored in a freezer safe bag or container in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. I defrost them out at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy.
You can also freeze the dough prior to baking as well. To freeze the dough, I scoop the dough onto baking sheets. Freeze the dough on the sheets for 1 hour and then move it to a freezer safe bag.
This way you can easily make just a few cookies whenever you want. If you are freezing the dough, add a few more minutes to the cooking time when making these cookies.
Money saving tip:
This recipe is very frugal, since you are making it from scratch. However, to save even more money, stock up on pumpkin during the fall months. Canned pumpkin is at its lowest price in October and November.
Stock up so you can enjoy our pumpkin recipes all year long at the lowest price.
Our family can enjoy a nice snack or dessert with very little time or money! Shopping sales really helps the budget.
Try pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today!
Everyone will love these decadent cookies. They are full of pumpkin flavor and just so tasty. The combination of pumpkin with chocolate chips really is amazing.
These would be so easy and tasty for a bake sale. The pumpkin flavor is always a hit.
Print this recipe for easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies:
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop cookies on by the spoonful about 2 inches apart. Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops if desired. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe