Pumpkin Snickerdoodles are soft and chewy cookies. Enjoy all that you love about a snickerdoodle recipe with pumpkin flavor topped with cinnamon sugar mixture.
These delicious chewy pumpkin flavored Snickerdoodles are amazing. They combine classic snickerdoodles with pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and more for the best cookie.
The entire recipe is easy to make without much fuss and turns out perfectly. Each bite of spiced snickerdoodles is soft and wonderful.
You may also like Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Purée
- Egg Yolk
- Vanilla Extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
How to make Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies:
- Step 1. Combine the butter and sugar. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Step 2. Mix in the pumpkin puree. Add in the pumpkin purée and stir until combined.
- Step 3. Combine the egg yolks. Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Step 4. Mix together the dry ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a different bowl.
- Step 5. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Step 6. Place in the fridge. Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Step 7. Preheat the oven while you make the dough balls. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 8. Combine the sugar and cinnamon. In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Step 9. Form the dough balls. Roll dough into 1 ½ tablespoon sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Step 10. Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet. Place them onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges should be slightly brown. The center of the cookies will still appear soft.
- Step 11. Allow to rest. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 12. Serve and enjoy these tasty cookies. Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Store the cookies in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 1 week. This will keep the cookies soft and delicious.
You can also put a piece of bread in the container and the cookies will stay so soft. This is a tip that works amazing to keep cookies perfectly soft.
Can I freeze these cookies?
The cookies freeze very well. You can freeze the dough balls unbaked. Form the dough balls and place on a baking sheet.
Flash freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Then store the cookies without sticking for easy access. When ready to bake, cook as normal but add a few extra minutes if frozen.
Also, wait to roll in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until right before baking.
You can also freeze Baked cookies. Place inside a freezer container separated by wax paper. Freeze up to 3 months and thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Chocolate Chips. This recipe is delicious plain. However, try adding white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips to the recipe. it is amazing!
- Adjust the cinnamon and sugar mixture. If you really love cinnamon, feel free to increase the mixture accordingly.
- Cream Cheese Frosting. Top the cookies with cream cheese frosting for an extra special treat. You can use storebought or homemade frosting.
Tips for the best cookies:
- Refrigerate the dough. It is important to chill the dough before forming the cookies. This step will prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack. The cookies need ample time to cool on the wire rack before moving. You don’t want your cookies to lose its shape.
- Measure the flour precisely. Excess flour will make the cookies have a cakey texture. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. This is more accurate than scooping the flour, so it isn’t packed in.
- Unsalted butter is best. The salt content in salted butter can vary by brands making it hard to control the final product.
- Don’t use Pumpkin Pie Filling. This recipe calls for pumpkin puree which does not have any spices. Pumpkin pie filling already has the spices in it.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. The texture is best when soft and chewy. They will continue to cook on the baking sheet once you remove them from the oven.
- Thoroughly coat the cookies. Roll the cookies in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Cover every inch in the coating.
- Don’t overmix the dough. This can result in tough cookies and change the texture.
These are the best cookies and so easy to make. If you love pumpkin and Fall flavors, this is a must try recipe. It will satisfy your sweet tooth for sure!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The cream of tarter helps to give the cookies the perfect flavor once baked. Do not omit this ingredient as it gives it a unique flavor.
You can substitute it with baking powder or lemon juice if needed.
The pumpkin puree and cream of tarter make the cookies puffier than a classic snickerdoodle.
This can be an oven issue if your cookies turn out too thin with each cookie recipe regardless of variety. There is a good chance that your oven is too hot.
This in turn causes the butter to melt too fast before the other ingredients have fully cooked. Then your cookies spread out.
Print this Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles Recipe:
For the Cookies:
For the Topping:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy. Add in the pumpkin purée and stir until combined.
- Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a different bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Roll dough into 1 ½ tablespoon sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place them onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges should be slightly brown. The center of the cookies will still appear soft.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Pumpkin Recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Truffles Recipe
- The Best Pumpkin Spice Popcorn