Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe is one of our favorites. The cookies are so soft and delicious. Each bite is the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar for a recipe everyone will love.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
There is something so delicious about snickerdoodle cookies. I think it is the combination of cinnamon sugar blended into the perfect cookie. Each bite is so soft and amazing.
Even better, the recipe is actually very simple. Anyone can make these. I don’t consider myself a baker and the cookies turned out perfectly and really tasty.
You are going to love these!
How do you make Snickerdoodle cookies from scratch?
You are going to be so impressed with how easy this recipe is. I mean it is really simple!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make these delicious cookies. The cinnamon mixture on top really is amazing and the entire recipe is so simple.
Keep reading to see how easy it is to make these cookies from scratch.
How to keep snickerdoodle cookies soft:
During the baking process, it always helps to slightly under bake the cookies. This will allow for a softer cookie. We only bake these cookies for 8-10 minutes and it helps to keep the cookies nice and soft.
The ratio of flour to butter also impacts the texture of the cookie and whether or not if stays soft after the initial baking day. We have perfected the ingredients so that the cookies will be soft and chewy for days.
Although our cookies never last that long. 🙂 The kids gobble them up.
Easy snickerdoodle cookies ingredients:
- butter (You could use an entire cup of butter or an entire cup of shortening, but I prefer using both. )
- white sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- cream of tartar
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
How to make snickerdoodle cookies:
First, preheat the oven.
In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs.
Next, combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a different bowl.
Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended.
In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
Roll dough into one inch sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar.
Place them onto a cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes. Edges should be slightly brown.
Allow to cool before enjoying.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
Tips for snickerdoodle cookies:
I highly recommend using a cookie scoop. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies.
This really helps to make the perfect ball when forming these snickerdoodle cookies. Plus, they are not expensive. Amazon has some cookie scoops for very cheap.
I also think they look more uniform when you use a cookie scoop.
I bought the three pack, so I can use the smaller two for cookies and then the bigger one to fill up cupcakes. They will get lots of use and you will be glad you bought them.
Another handy kitchen item I like to use are these baking liners to bake my cookies. Clean up is easy and the cookies turn out perfectly every time!
We use the baking liners all the time so they get a ton of use. They are worth every penny!
You can also use a baking sheet with parchment paper.
This is the best snickerdoodle cookie recipe!
The cinnamon sugar mixture is so amazing and our family loved these cookies. The kids enjoyed helping and had a lot of fun rolling the cookies in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
These cookies turned out so light and fluffy and perfectly soft and chewy! It really is a great recipe all around.
We all declared it the perfect snickerdoodle recipe! It turned out great.
Can you freeze classic snickerdoodle cookies?
Just make the cookie dough as normal and put them on cookie sheet in balls just like as above. Next, put them in the freezer still on the baking sheet and let them freeze.
Once the cookies are frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and put in a freezer bag or container. Now, you have cookies all ready to bake when you are ready to enjoy.
This sure makes it easier to enjoy these cookies any time you want. Just wait to add the cinnamon sugar topping until you are ready to bake the cookies.
Print this easy snickerdoodle cookie recipe below:
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe is one of our favorites. The cookies are so soft and delicious. Each bite is the perfect blend of cinnamon and sugar.
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter you could use an entire cup of butter or an entire cup of shortening (but I liked it like this)
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar. Stir in the eggs.
- Combe the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in a different bowl.
- Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and the cinnamon.
- Roll dough into one inch sized balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar.
- Place them onto a cookie sheet and Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Edges should be slightly brown.
- Allow to cool before enjoying.
Try these other easy cookie recipes:
- M&M Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- How to make Snowman Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- Amazing Chocolate Brownie Cookies Recipe
- Butter Cookies Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- Jello Cookies Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Quick and Easy Monster Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chips Cookie Recipe
Try these other easy desserts:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats