When you bite into these Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies, you will love the decadent chocolate surprise inside. Not only is this recipe super easy but tastes moist and delicious.
Easy Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Strawberry chocolate chip cookies are so delicious and really easy to make. The sprinkles on the outside look gorgeous and the inside is full of amazing chocolate blended into strawberry cookie. Yum!
This recipe is perfect year round but we love to make it for Valentine’s Day. The red and pink are so festive. Everyone loves getting bites of chocolate inside.
Not to mention this recipe starts with a cake mix so it is super easy. You get so much amazing strawberry flavor from the cake mix. Easy ingredients makes this the perfect Valentine’s Day Cookie.
Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies:
We love making cookies out of a cake mix. When we make cookies starting with a cake mix it only requires a few extra ingredients. These cookies are loaded with strawberry flavor thanks to the strawberry cake mix.
You can easily use other cake mixes if you prefer. Adding the red sprinkles gives it that extra fun and festive touch.
Ingredients for Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies:
- Butter, melted
- Whole Egg
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Strawberry Cake Mix
- Red Sprinkles
How to Make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Step 1 – Prepare Oven – First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Mix ingredients together – Mix cake mix, butter and egg. Next, stir in chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter.
- Step 3 – Roll into Balls – Form cookies into 1 inch balls. I highly recommend using a cookie scoop.
- Step 4 – Add Sprinkles – Roll in sprinkles if desired.
- Step 5 -Refrigerate dough balls – Place cookies on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about and hour, or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Step 6 – Then place on prepared baking sheet – Place cookie balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Step 7 – Bake Cookies – Bake for 10 minutes or until cookie is golden brown. Cooking time will vary based on your oven.
- Step 8 – Cool and Serve – Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cooling wire rack.
Tips for Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cookies:
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to make the dough into balls. This way the cookie dough balls are about the same size.
- Cooling Cookies – To cool the cookies before serving, place on a cooling rack.
- Line Baking Sheet – For easy cleanup and to easily remove cookies for baking pan, line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cake Mix Ingredients – When making this cake, you only need the 4 ingredients listed. There is no need to add the ingredients from the cake mix box.
- Refrigerate Cookie Dough – After rolling the cookies into the dough, make sure to refrigerate or freeze the dough.
- Change the Chocolate Chips – You can easily use different flavors of chocolate chips. White chocolate chips would be a good variation.
- Change the Cake Mix – Change the cake mix to a vanilla cake mix.
- Chocolate Chips on Top – When the cookies are removed from the oven, you can add some chocolate chips on top.
- Sprinkles – You can omit the sprinkles or use different color of sprinkles.
- Ice the Cookies – You can top the cookies with icing for added flavor if you are not adding the sprinkles. .
- Cookie Sandwiches – Make a cookie sandwich with frosting in the middle.
- Powdered Sugar – Dust the tops of the strawberry cookies with powdered sugar.
- Dipped in Chocolate – Chocolate Covered Strawberry cookies is always a real treat. Melt some chocolate and dip half of the cooking in chocolate. Rich and decadent cookie.
- Fresh Strawberries – You can mix in some fresh strawberries or freeze dried strawberries into the batter.
- Homemade Cookies – We used a cake mix to make these cookies, but you can make homemade if you prefer. Mix the unsalted butter, vanilla extract, light brown sugar together in a large bowl. Adding in granulated sugar and baking powder.
How to Store:
These strawberry chocolate chips cookies are perfectly stored at room temperature. Place the cookies in an air tight container and they will last about a week.
How to Freeze:
Make sure that the cookies cool completely before freezing.
- Place the cooked cookies on a baking sheet.
- Then place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, move them to a freezer bag for up to 2-3 months.
Freezing the cookie individually for an hour, allows you to take out small serving without having to defrost a large portion.
Defrost them at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy. I love just pulling a few out at dinner time and they’re usually defrosted out in time for dessert.
Why we Love this Strawberry Cookie:
- Simple Ingredients – You only need a few ingredients and you have an easy cookie dessert.
- Budget Friendly – I try to always have cake mixes available because they can be used for many different recipes.
- Family Favorite – This cookie is fun and festive and always a family favorite.
- Last Minute Dessert Idea – If your kids are needing a treat for a holiday party this is the cookie to make. Cake Mix Cookies saves me every time I need a quick dessert idea.
Print this recipe for Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies below:
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, butter and egg. Next, stir in chocolate chips.
- Form cookies into 1 inch balls. Roll in sprinkles if desired.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about and hour, or freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place cookie balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More cake mix cookies recipes:
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies