Yellow Cake Mix Cookies require only 4 ingredients and the results are the best cookies! Make these for parties, holidays and more for a cookie full of flavor.
Yellow cake mix cookies
We love cake mix cookies and these Yellow Cake Mix Cookies do not disappoint. I cannot get over just how quick and easy they are with only 4 ingredients!
You literally can have a sweet treat anytime you want with this simple recipe. If you have never tried cake mix cookies, you are really missing out.
These cookies are so soft and delicious for a cookie you will not be able put down. Give these a try because the possibilities are endless.
They are budget friendly and super easy to feed a large group or family with. Everyone will love these cookies for dessert.
Yellow cake mix cookies ingredients:
- Box of yellow cake mix – I love using a yellow cake mix for this recipe but vanilla would work great too.
- eggs – I find that the eggs mix best in the batter when they’re at room temperature.
- vegetable oil – Canola oil also works great in this recipe.
- multi-colored sprinkles – I love using multi-color but any will work for this easy cookie recipe.
What size cake mix to use to make cookies?
I make these cookies with a 15 ounce yellow cake mix and it works great for this recipe.
How to make yellow cake mix cookies:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: Mix the box of cake mix, eggs, oil together in a large mixing bowl. (Batter will be thick but this is normal).
Now it’s time for the sprinkles. Gently add the sprinkles into the batter in the large bowl.
Step 4: Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Keep reading for the full recipe.
How to Store:
Store these cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. I like to put a white piece of bread in the container for the cookies to keep them soft.
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes, these cookies freeze great.
Make sure that the cookies cool completely. Place the cooked cookies on a baking sheet. Then place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
After this time, move them to a freezer bag for up to 2-3 months.
Defrost them at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy! I love just pulling a few out at dinner time and they’re usually defrosted out in time for dessert.
Tips for these easy cake mix cookies:
- Use a cookie scoop. If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, spoon them out in about 2 Tbsp on the baking sheet.
- Use a cooling rack. It is also a good idea to use a cooling rack. Place the cookies on racks to cool completely.
- We also line baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes cleaning large baking sheets easier as well.
- Do NOT add any of the other ingredients required for the cake on the back of the box. Just use the dry ingredients only from the boxed cake me.
- Make sure to add the sprinkles last. Gently stir in the sprinkles so that the cookies aren’t discolored by the sprinkles.
You will save lots of time and this is one of our favorite easy recipes. It is one of the easiest dessert recipes ever.
Variations for cake mix cookies:
- Add chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the cake mixture.
- Try other cake mixes such as: chocolate cake mix, strawberry, white cake mix cookies, Betty Crocker devil’s food and more.
- Add nuts- pecan or walnut are yummy.
- Use various sprinkles for holidays or other occasions.
- Roll in powdered sugar before baking to make crinkle cake mix cookies. Yum!
We also love those double stuffed cookies at the bakery. Whip up some easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe and make your own at home in minutes.
Not only will the cookies taste amazing but you will save so much money from those high bakery prices!
This delicious cake mix cookies recipe is absolutely perfect for cookie sandwiches.
It is really decadent and a great treat for something extra special. The frosting is oh so tasty with these soft cookies.
I love to save money but still enjoy great things! This is definitely one of them.
Stock up when cake mixes go on sale!
I like to buy several cake mixes when I spot a good sale at the grocery store. We tend to have lots of last minute baking needs and having this in the pantry means it not a problem!
It seems we always need to bring cookies to this event or that function. Since you don’t need many ingredients, they are so easy to mix up on the spur of the moment.
We can easily make these to take to a get together or event on a moments notice. The kids have even had a bunch of friends over and we made these quickly.
Everyone thought I was the best mom for having fresh baked cookies. They had no idea just how simple and easy it really was.
Try duncan hines yellow cake mix cookies today!
Our family absolutely loves cake mix cookie recipes for an easy treat any day of the week. Whether you make them as is or decide to mix chocolate chip morsels in or even cream cheese, the cookies are amazing.
We have even made an ice cream sandwich with the cookies. The possibilities are endless.
Make these delicious cookies today and let us know how they turn out.
Print this yellow cake mix cookies recipe below:
Yellow Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup of multi-colored sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, oil together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick).
- Then stir in the sprinkles.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies and place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More cake mix cookie recipes:
- Peanut butter cake mix cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Find more on our The Best Cake Mix Cookie Recipes post.
More yellow cake mix recipes:
- Boston Cream Poke Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon Dump Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 7 Up Cake Recipe