Peanut butter cake mix cookies are so easy and the secret is a cake mix. Enjoy these easy cookies that are soft and chewy for the best treat.
Peanut butter cake mix cookies
You are not going to believe how easy these Peanut Butter Cake Mix Cookies are to make. Seriously they are the best cookies and SO amazing.
With only 5 ingredients and one being a cake mix, it is the easiest recipe. We make these all the time because we always have the ingredients.
The kids always want cookies or have friends over and I can make these in minutes. It seems we always need to take cookies somewhere and I can make these quickly at the last minute.
I can’t tell you the times one of the kids have told me the night before they needed cookies for school. It is no problem with easy recipes like this. Another favorite is Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies.
Let’s get started.
Ingredients for easy peanut butter cookies:
- yellow cake mix
- Peanut Butter
- granulated sugar
How to make cake mix peanut butter cookies:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is warming up, get out a large bowl. Combine cake mix, oil, peanut butter and eggs together in mixing bowl. The batter will be thick but this is normal.
- Next, use a cookie scoop to make the dough balls out of the peanut butter cookie dough. Then roll each cookie dough ball in the sugar mixture until it’s completely covered.
- Then put the cookies on a baking sheet. Use a fork to make a crisscross pattern onto the dough. The fork marks are quick and easy to make.
- Finally, bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes or until the cookies are slightly brown.
- Remove from oven. After a few minutes transfer cookies from baking sheet to cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely. Then serve and enjoy these yummy cookies.
How to store:
Place the cookies inside an airtight container. They will last up to 4 days covered properly at room temperature.
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies?
Yes. If you need the cookies to last longer, freeze them. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
Put the cookies inside an airtight container or bag. I prefer a container and I like to separate the layers of cookies with wax paper. This will help them not to stick.
You can also freeze the cookies before baking them. Make the cookies as normal and flash freeze them until sold on a baking sheet. Then transfer to a freezer bag or container.
When ready to bake, place on a baking sheet and bad as normal. About halfway, take out of the oven and use a fork to make the criss cross pattern.
Continue baking as normal. You may need to add a few minutes to the baking time since frozen.
Tips for yellow cake mix cookies:
- Cookie Scoops. This is optional but makes this recipe much easier. You can quickly make cookie dough balls using cookie scoops. It makes them all uniform which helps for even baking.
- Cool. Let the cookies cool completely before storing. I like to use a cooling rack.
- Silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Line your baking sheet with one of these for easy clean up.
- Chill the dough. If you find it is really sticky and hard to shape into balls, put the dough in the fridge. Chilling it for a few minutes will help.
- Add chocolate chips for a delicious peanut butter chocolate chip treat. My kids love chocolate peanut butter cake mix cookies.
- Try white chocolate chips.
- Put a Reese’s cup on top or Hershey kiss. This is so delicious. Just unwrap the candy and place on the cookie as soon as it comes out of the oven. Press gently into the cookie and let set.
Make these delicious cookies today.
Everyone will absolutely love them and they are so easy.
Print this cake mix peanut butter cookie recipe:
Peanut butter cake mix cookies
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, peanut butter and oil together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick).
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookies. Roll the cookie dough in the sugar sugar until it’s completely covered.
- Please the cook dough on a baking sheet and press a fork onto the dough to form the criss-cross shape on the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies the cookies are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe