Enjoy Carrot Cake Mix Cookies with decadent cream cheese icing. The secret is a cake mix and the entire recipe is super easy.
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
Oh my goodness you are going to go crazy over carrot cake mix cookies. They are so moist and delicious with the best frosting. If you enjoyed our Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe, you will love this easy recipe for carrot cake cookies.
They are quick and easy but look gorgeous and taste even better. I love simple recipes that turn out fabulous. This carrot cake cookies from cake mix is much easier than making a carrot cake from scratch.
These cake mix cookies are so easy to make. We like to get boxed cake mixes on sale as they can be used for many different recipes. Enjoy the delicious easy cake mix cookies with simple ingredients and the creamy topping.
What are Cake Mix Cookies?
Cake Mix cookies are simply cookies that are made with a cake mix and a few additional ingredients. The soft and chewy texture makes this an easy cookie to make for any occasions.
Any dry cake mix will work and you can easily add in different types of chocolate chips or sprinkles.
Carrot Cake Cookies Ingredients:
- Box Carrot Cake Mix
- Butter, softened at room temperature
- Crushed Walnuts (for garnish)
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing:
- Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Butter, softened at room temperature
- Powdered Sugar, shifted
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Carrot Cake Mix Cookies:
- Step 1 – Prepare Oven – First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 2 – Combine Cookie Ingredients – Mix the cookie ingredients including cake mix and eggs together in a large bowl. The batter will be thick.
- Step 3 – Scoop into balls – Spoon into balls, place on a baking sheet and flatten out slightly with a spoon or the bottom of a glass cup . I highly recommend using a cookie scoop.
- Step 4 – Bake Cookies – Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges. Make sure to line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 5 – Allow cookies to cool – Let the cookies cool for approximately 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 6 – Make frosting – While the cookies are cooling, create the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Step 7 – Add in Powdered Sugar – Gradually add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix in between each cup until the frosting is the thickness that you desire. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Step 8 – Frost the cookies – Icing the cookies with the cream cheese frosting. Top with the chopped walnuts and enjoy.
Tips for Carrot Cake Cookies:
- Cookie Scoop – We recommend using a cookie scoop to start the dough into balls. This way the cookie dough balls are about the same size.
- Cooling Cookies – To cool the cookies before serving, place on a cooling rack.
- Line Baking Sheet – For easy cleanup and to easily remove cookies add them to, parchment lined baking sheet
- Cake Mix Ingredients – When making this cake, you only need the 4 ingredients listed. There is no need to add the ingredients from the cake mix box.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary based on size of cookie. It could take up to 15 minutes.
- Chocolate Chips – You can easily add in white chocolate chips or milk chocolate for added flavor and texture.
- Cake Mix – To make cake mix cookies, you can use any type of cake mixes you prefer.
- Shaved Carrots – Add some shaved carrots to sneak in some vegetables.
How to Store:
After your cookies have completely cooled, place in an air tight container. Store at room temperature for up to week.
How to Freeze Carrot Cake Cookies:
- Make sure that the cookies cool completely before freezing.
- Place the cooked cookies on a baking sheet.
- Then place it in the freezer for at least 1 hour. After this time, move them to a freezer bag for up to 2-3 months.
Freezing the cookie individually for an hour, allows you to take out small serving without having to defrost a large portion.
Defrost them at room temperature and then they are ready to enjoy! I love just pulling a few out at dinner time and they’re usually defrosted out in time for dessert.
Save money and buy cake mixes on sale:
I like to buy several cake mixes when I spot a good sale at the grocery store. We tend to have lots of last minute baking needs and having this in the pantry means it not a problem.
It seems we always need to bring cookies to this event or that function. Since you don’t need many ingredients, they are so easy to mix up on the spur of the moment.
We can easily make these to take to a get together or event on a moments notice. The kids have even had a bunch of friends over and we made these quickly.
Everyone will love Carrot Cake Mix Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Print the recipe for Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe below:
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cookie ingredients together in a medium size bowl. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon into balls, place on a baking sheet and flatten out slightly with a spoon or the bottom of a glass cup .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for approximately 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, create the frosting. Beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix in between each cup until the frosting is the thickness that you desire. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Icing the cookies with the cream cheese frosting.
- Top with the chopped walnuts and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Cake Mix Cookies:
- Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Yellow Cake Mix Cookies
- 45 Delicious Cake Mix Desserts