You only need 4 simple ingredients to make Easter cake mix cookies that are delicious and festive. This is the perfect dessert for Spring to enjoy a treat in minutes.
Easter Cake Mix Cookies
It does not get any simpler than these delicious easy Easter Cake Mix Cookies. They taste amazing and look just so cute. The pastel colors on the M&M’s are so bright and pretty for Easter or really anytime in the Spring or even Summer.
I just love these cookies because they are super easy and take hardly any work at all to make. You don’t have to be a baker to make these and anyone can make these tasty cookies.
The kids can even help. My kids love to put the M&M’s on top.
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Pastel M&Ms – Or they might be called Easter m&m’s
How to make cake mix cookies for Easter:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except for the M&Ms. Mix the cake mix, oil and eggs together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick but that is normal.)
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookie dough and place on baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Place the M&Ms on top of the dough and slightly press down into the dough.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
Once they are baked, you can press additional m&m’s on top of the cookies if needed before they cool. Then allow the cookies to cool completely on a wire rack and then serve.
Tips for the best cake mix cookies:
- If you are still scooping cookies with two spoons, you really need to get yourself some stainless steel scoops. They make sure you have the same size cookies.
- It is also a good idea to use a cooling rack. Place the cookies on racks to cool completely.
- We also line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the cookie dough on the parchment lined cookie sheet before baking. This makes cleaning large baking sheets easier as well.
You will save lots of time and this is one of our favorite easy recipes. It is one of the easiest dessert recipes ever.
- If you love double stuffed cookies at the bakery but not the price, try making them at home with these delicious cake mix cookies. Whip up some easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting recipe and make your own at home in minutes.
- Cream cheese frosting is also delicious. It is super decadent with the M&M’s and the icing. Yum!
It is really decadent and a great treat for something extra special. The frosting is oh so tasty with these soft cookies.
More Cake Mix Cookie Ideas:
- Use a chocolate cake batter instead of the yellow cake mix.
- Add white chocolate chips to the cake mix. Yum!
- Substitute white cake mix. White cake mix cookies are tasty too.
How to store cookies:
Place the cookies once completely cooled inside an airtight container or bag. They will keep up to 3 days.
You can put a piece of bread in the container and this will keep them soft. This is a handy little trick.
Can you freeze cookies?
Yes, this is a great way to make the cookies last longer. They can be frozen up to 3 months.
Just make sure to let them cool completely and place inside an airtight container. I like to separate the layers of cookies with wax paper when freezing.
You can also freeze the cookie dough balls to bake later. This is very simple to do.
Just put the cooking dough balls on a baking sheet. Instead of baking, put in the freezer just long enough to flash freeze the cookies. This normally takes about 1 to 2 hours.
Then place the frozen dough in a freezer container. You will have ready to go cookie dough anytime you want to bake cookies. Place them on a baking sheet and bake as normal.
You may need to extend the cooking time a few minutes if frozen.
Learn more tips and tricks on how to freeze cookies for baking.
Print this Easter cake mix cookies recipe below:
Easter Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Pastel M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl. (Batter will be thick).
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the cookie dough and place on baking sheets leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Place the M&Ms on top of the dough and slightly press down into the dough.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cool completely and then serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe