Carrot Cake Truffles are absolutely divine and so easy to make. These tasty truffles are made with decadent cake and dipped in white almond bark.
Easy Carrot Cake Truffles Recipe:
Carrot cake is so moist and delicious and always a great treat. Everyone loved our Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe and these Carrot Cake Mix Cookies. Carrot Cake balls are just as delicious and full of flavor.
Now, it is time to learn how to make truffles and I think you are going to really love them. Bite size treats are always so fun and this one does not disappoint. Moist carrot cake, almond bark and nuts come together for a tasty dessert.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this rich and decadent cake ball dessert. The steps are simple and we love to make them for our Easter dessert.
How to Make Carrot Cake Pops:
Carrot Cake Cake Pops is just another way to enjoy these truffles. You will prepare the truffles as indicated but before dipping into the almond bark, add a stick to the truffles.
We recommend dipping the stick into the melted almond bark and then place in the cake ball. Then dip the ball into the melted almond bark and top with the crushed nuts.
Allow the cake balls to cool and then serve.
- Carrot Cake – We have an easy and really delicious homemade carrot cake recipe here. Just follow the recipe but don’t make the icing since you won’t need it for the truffles. You can also use a cake mix.
- Cream Cheese- softened
- White Almond Bark, You can also use white candy melts.
- Nuts, this is optional but we love to sprinkle a few on top of each truffle.
How to Make Carrot Cake Truffles:
- Step 1 – First, get a large baking sheet out and line it with parchment paper or wax paper. This will make clean up easier.
- Step 2 – Second, chop the nuts if you are using them and set aside. You can use a food processor or put them in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to chop.
- Step 3 – Next, crumble your carrot cake once you have allowed the cake to cool completely into fine crumbs. Put the crumble cake in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 4 – Add cream cheese to the carrot cake crumb and stir everything until its well combined. You can also mix with a stand mixer.
- Step 5 – Now, it is time to form the cake into balls. I suggest using a cookie scoop to do this. It makes it so much easier and faster. Plus, you can make sure each truffle is the same size.
- Step 6 – Finally, place each ball on the baking sheet and chill for at least an hour. This step will really help when it is time to dip the cake balls and give each one a smooth appearance.
- Step 7 – Once you are ready to dip the cake balls, get the almond bark or candy melts ready. Simply melt chocolate for 1 minute initially. Stir and put back in the microwave for 20-30 seconds at a time until is melted.
I like to keep the cake balls in the fridge and only take out a few at a time to dip. Normally, I grab 4 or 5 each time.
- Step 8 – Dip the truffles into the melted white chocolate using two forks. Let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl and place the cake ball on the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 9 – Finally, add a sprinkle of chopped nuts on each one if you plan to do this. I usually do half with nuts and half without to satisfy everyone in my family!
- Step 10 – Keep repeating these steps until all the truffles are coated. It is important to let these set until completely hardened or they will stick together.
How to Store Carrot Cake Truffles:
Make sure to use an airtight container to store these. Put them in the refrigerator until ready to serve and they should last 5-7 days.
- Chop Nuts – You can chop your own nuts or buy already chopped pecans.
- Shredded Carrots – Feel free to add in shredded carrots if you prefer.
- Chocolate – We used almond bark in this recipe, but you can also use white chocolate chips. Candy melts also another option.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – Instead of using cream cheese, feel free to use cream cheese frosting.
- Melting Chocolate – We melted chocolate in the microwave, but you can also melt in a double boiler.
How to Freeze Cake Truffles:
These can be frozen up to 3 to 4 months. Just make sure to store them inside an airtight freezer container. Make sure they are completely cool before freezing.
Thaw in the fridge when ready to serve. They are delicious at room temperature or chilled.
How Long will Truffles last:
If the truffles are stored properly they will last up to 2 weeks.
Print this Carrot Cake Truffles recipe below:
Carrot Cake Truffles
- Carrot cake
- 1 block 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound white almond bark or white candy melts
- Nuts for decorating optional
- Add parchment paper to large baking sheet
- Chop nuts and add to bowl for decoration
- Crumble cake into fine crumbs and add to large mixing bowl
- Add cream cheese and stir until well combined
- Using a cookie dough scoop, form cake into balls
- Place balls on prepared baking sheet
- Chill for at least 1 hour
- In a microwave safe bowl, add 4 blocks of almond bark
- Heat for 1 minute, stir and continue heating for 20-30 seconds, stirring after each heating and stop just before chocolate is completely melted
- Stir until chocolate is smooth
- Remove 4-5 cake balls from refrigerator at a time
- Using two forks, dip truffles in melted chocolate, allow excess chocolate to drip off and place on prepared baking sheet, then use the other fork to remove the truffle
- Immediately add a small amount of chopped nuts, if desired
- Repeat with remaining truffles using additional almond bark if necessary
- Let set until completely hardened
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Carrot Cake Recipes:
- Carrot Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Keto Carrot Cake Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Carrot Cake