Cherry poke cake recipe is so moist and delicious with a ton of cherry flavor. Make this easy dessert for special occasions or to enjoy during the week. The entire family will enjoy this luscious cake.
Cherry poke cake recipe
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this tasty Cherry Poke Cake Recipe. It is such a fun dessert to make and a great recipe to let the kids help.
The kids love to help poke the holes and they always think it is a blast to get to do this. This is really the secret to such a moist and delicious cake.
All of the delicious flavor gets soaked into those holes for a cake no one will be able to resist. It is a must try!
Cherry jello poke cake is super easy to make!
The cake is poked all over to allow the jello mixture to saturate the cake. The flavor gets in the cake for an amazing dessert.
The kids will really enjoy helping with this recipe so get everyone involved!
What do you use to poke holes in the cherry poke cake?
You can use a fork to poke the cake or really anything you have. The end of a wooden spoon also works as well.
This is such an easy recipe so just use what you have and make this amazing cake.
What you need for cherry poke cake:
- white cake mix
- large eggs
- vegetable or canola oil
- Almond Extract
- cherry gelatin (but any flavor will work)
How to make cherry jello poke cake:
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract until smooth.
Spread evenly into baking dish, bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
Combine gelatin and boiling water and stir about 2 minutes until dissolved, add cold water.
Using a wooden skewer or large fork, poke holes into cake about every 1/2 inch.
Carefully pour gelatin over the cake.
Place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
There is also a delicious frosting for this cherry jello poke cake recipe:
- whipped topping
- marshmallow fluff
- powdered sugar
- almond extract
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Starting with ¼ cup powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. You may need to add more powdered sugar depending on how thick you want the frosting.
Spread over cake.
Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Store leftovers in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
Serve with fresh cherries, canned cherries or sliced almonds.
We also like vanilla cake with cherry pie filling!
Feel free to try other cake mixes, jello varieties and even pie filling in this recipe. There are so many delicious combinations that you can try.
Just use what you have. You are going to love this cake.
The recipe is very versatile. This dessert is so simple to feed a crowd.
Since we typically use what is on sale at the grocery store or that I already have in the pantry, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning!
Save that money for something else or to give you family wiggle room in the budget. You will love the money you will save.
Easy recipes like this keep my family happy and my grocery budget in good shape. This is how I keep our grocery budget reasonable and everyone gets to enjoy a great dessert!
What other variations can you make to this cherry jello poke cake recipe?
We used cherry jello but you can try any flavor gelatin mix you prefer. The ideas are really endless.
You can use any jello flavor you have on hand or want to try. Some ideas include: raspberry, orange, lemon and more.
Chocolate cake is also amazing and goes so well with vanilla pudding mix. Get creative and make one of these delicious poke cakes today.
The ideas are endless for Jello poke cake recipe.
You can literally just use any flavor or what you already have in your pantry. We have even used vanilla pudding and pie filling in this recipe.
It seeps into the white cake mix and tastes amazing with the whipped topping. I like to cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge so the flavors can blend.
I think it is even better the next day but the hard part is waiting. The kids want to dig in immediately because they all love this recipe so much.
You can really throw this together for hardly any money at all and in just minutes. It is the perfect dessert to feed a crowd or take to a gathering when you need to keep the cost low.
Print this cherry jello coke poke cake recipe below:
Cherry poke cake recipe is so moist and delicious with a ton of cherry flavor. Make this easy dessert! The entire family will enjoy this luscious cake.
- 1 white cake mix
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 small box 3.4 oz cherry gelatin (any flavor will work)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- ¼ - ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Topping ideas
- Additional whipped topping
- Fresh Cherries
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, eggs, water, oil and almond extract until smooth
- Spread evenly into baking dish, bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes
- Combine gelatin and boiling water and stir about 2 minutes until dissolved, add cold water
- Using a wooden skewer or large fork, poke holes into cake about every 1/2 inch
- Carefully pour gelatin over the cake
- Place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, starting with ¼ cup powdered sugar and mix until fluffy. You may need to add more powdered sugar depending on how thick you want the frosting.
- Spread over cake
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Store leftovers in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap
- Serve with fresh cherries, canned cherries or sliced almonds
You might also like Lemon Poke Cake Recipe for another easy and delicious cake recipe.
Boston creme poke cake recipe is so decadent and full of flavor for an easy dessert in just minutes.
Try these other easy poke cake recipes:
Try these other easy cake recipes:
- Super Moist Cola Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Ganache Cake Roll
- Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe
- Quick and Easy Cake Balls Recipe
- How to Make a Mug Cake from Scratch
- The Easiest Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe