Lime Jello Poke Cake Recipe is so light and fluffy. This is the perfect dessert to serve for St. Patrick’s Day and more. Everyone will love the topping and festive green sprinkles.
Lime Jello Poke Cake Recipe:
The ideas are endless with poke cake recipes and this new recipe is SO much fun. You are going to love this Lime Jello Poke Recipe. The inside is so gorgeous with swirls of green and white.
Plus, the outside has a delicious frosting and festive green sprinkles. Not to mention tastes amazing. This is the perfect St Patrick Cake to celebrate with something green. Check out these other Lime Desserts.
This recipe is a must try and easy enough for the kids to help. Let’s get baking because you are going to LOVE this cake. It’s a blast to make such festive and delicious treats.
What is a Poke Cake?
The cake is poked all over to allow the delicious filling to saturate the cake. The flavor gets in the cake for an amazing dessert.
The kids love to help with poking holes in the cake. Get them involved in making this festive cake.
Recipes vary but the filling can be a vanilla pudding mixture, fruit, sweetened condensed milk and more. This is a very easy recipe.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make ahead – I like to cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge so the flavors can blend. The cake is better the next day because all of the flavors really come together.
- Poking Holes – Make sure when poking the holes you are generous and don’t leave out any section of the cake. This is how the delicious mixtures gets into the cake.
- Fill the Holes – I like to push the mixture into the holes as I spread it around to make sure it is really sinking in. This gives the cake the best flavor.
- Poke Holes with handle of a Wooden Spoon – You can use anything you prefer to poke holes but a wooden spoon works great. This is the perfect size for making the holes in the cake.
Lime Poke Cake Ingredients:
- White Cake Mix
- Large Egg Whites, room temperature
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Lime Gelatin (any flavor will work)
- Boiling Water
Ingredients for Frosting
- Whipped Topping, thawed
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Additional Whipped Topping
- Fresh limes
How to Make Lime Jell-o Poke Cake:
- Step 1 – Prepare oven and baking pan – First, preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Combine Cake Ingredients – Combine cake mix, eggs, water, and oil until smooth.
- Step 3 – Pour into baking dish and bake – Spread evenly into baking dish, bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Step 4 – Make Jell-O – Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Combine gelatin and boiling water and stir about 2 minutes until dissolved, add cold water.
- Step 5 – Poke Holes – Using a wooden skewer or large fork, poke holes into cake about every ½ inch. Carefully pour gelatin over the cake.
- Step 6 – Refrigerate – Place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
How to Make the Frosting:
- Step 1 – Combine the Whipped Topping – In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with pudding mix until completely smooth. Spread over cake layer.
- Step 2 – Place in Refrigerator – Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with sprinkles or fresh limes
Why is Poke Cake Soggy?
Make sure when storing it that the cake is covered tightly with plastic wrap. A poke cake will only last up to about 2 days before it gets soggy. It is a great cake to make ahead but it needs to be served fairly quickly.
- Change the Frosting – We used cool whipped cream but you can make your own whipping topping or use a buttercream frosting. Add food coloring to change the color.
- Add Fruit – Add some lime slices, fresh strawberries and blueberries with the sprinkles. This recipe is perfect for a lemon lime poke cake.
- Change the Sprinkles – Feel free to change the sprinkles to what you have on hand. You can still use green jello but use fun sprinkles if you are making for a birthday party.
- Change the Flavor of Jello – When make a poke cake the options are endless. Poke cakes can be made for any celebrations or family movie night.
- Cake Flavor – Use a lemon cake mix instead of a white cake mix.
How to Store Poke Cake:
If you have leftovers, store in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
Print this delicious lime jello poke cake recipe below:
Lime Jello Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 small box 3.4 oz lime gelatin (any flavor will work)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1 small box 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- Additional whipped topping
- Fresh limes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine cake mix, eggs, buttermilk, and oil until smooth.
- Spread evenly into baking dish, bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool for 15 minutes
- Combine gelatin and boiling water and stir about 2 minutes until dissolved, add cold water
- Using a wooden skewer or large fork, poke holes into cake about every ½ inch
- Carefully pour gelatin over the cake
- Place in refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping with pudding mix until completely smooth
- Spread over cake
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve
- Store leftovers in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap
- Serve with sprinkles or fresh limes
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Poke Cake Recipes:
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- Jello Poke Cake Recipe
- Lemon Poke Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Poke Cake Recipe
- Boston Cream Poke Cake Recipe