Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe only calls for 4 simple ingredients making it super easy to enjoy dessert anytime a craving hits. Sometimes we want dessert but need something simple and this decadent chocolate cake does not disappoint.
Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
This is one of those desserts that taste so moist and delicious that you won’t believe how easy it is. It’s hard to believe that just 4 ingredients can turn into something so fabulous! This chocolate cherry cake is amazing and we just can’t get enough of it.
If you enjoyed our Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe, you will also love this tasty cake recipe. It is a crowd pleaser for sure!
Sometimes we need a dessert to take somewhere or maybe company is company at the last minute. This cake is something you can whip up in minutes and everyone can enjoy a fabulous dessert without any work.
This is seriously so easy and anyone can make this! Anyone!
Ingredients needed for chocolate cherry cake:
- Devils Food Cake Mix
- cherry pie filling
- almond extract
Check out this video on how to make this
How to make chocolate cake with cherry pie filling:
Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes. If you want chunkier cherries, mix by hand. This is just about personal preference so do what you like best.
Pour batter into 9×13 sprayed pan. It is so easy!
Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes until toothpick inserted into center is clean. Keep reading for the full recipe.
How to serve chocolate cherry cake?
Frost with your favorite frosting, whipped cream, or serve with your favorite ice cream! I love to eat this cake warm and top with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
There is just something about that cold ice cream seeping into the hot cake and mixing with the cherry pie filling. It is amazing and so decadent!
Whip cream is also another tasty option. I have even used both ice cream and whipped cream. 🙂
We actually have a super easy recipe for homemade whipped cream that is so delicious on this chocolate cherry cake. It is a must try!
Also, it is totally optional but if you have a few extra minutes, try this homemade cherry pie filling. So good!
More delicious topping ideas for chocolate cake with cherry pie filling:
- Top each slice with a cherry on top the whipped cream or ice cream.
- Try different ice cream flavors. Chocolate fans might like chocolate for double the chocolate flavor! Cherry ice cream would also be tasty.
- Drizzle Caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce on top. So good!
- Top with nuts. Pecans or walnuts are great.
- Powdered sugar and chocolate fudge are also great topping ideas.
This is the best chocolate cherry cake recipe and so versatile.
Not only is this cake recipe very simple but it is easy to adapt for what you have on hand or can get on sale. You can easily switch the cake mix or pie filling to suit what you have on hand or your family likes.
We make this all the time and have tried lots of tasty combinations. You are going to love simple it is.
I like to pick up different types of cake mixes when they go on sale at the grocery store.
This recipe is so easy to use what you have on hand. I often just use what I already have or what is on sale at the grocery store. We are fans of using what we already have and it saves us time and money.
You can easily feed a group or large family on a budget with delicious dessert recipes like this. I love being able to use things we already have to turn them into delicious recipes like this one.
We love simple recipes like this. In fact, I cut our grocery bill by 50% off by following these 8 Tips for for Saving Money on Groceries by Menu Planning! Save that money for a family vacation or maybe just some wiggle room in the budget.
What other variations of Chocolate Cherry Cake can I try?
- Try yellow cake mix instead of devil’s food. There are lots of boxed cake mix options.
- White Cake mix is another good substitute.
- Use other pie fillings such as apple pie filling, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry and more!
- Add chocolate chips to the cake mix.
- Use maraschino cherries in the baking mix or even on top.
- Instead of a 9×13 pan, use a bundt pan or jelly roll pan for something different.
The ideas are endless for dump cake recipes. They are so easy and delicious and a ton of fun to try new varieties.
Try this chocolate cherry cake recipe today!
I love that I can give my family or guests a great dessert option and it only took 4 ingredients and hardly any work. This is just another tasty recipe that goes to show that it does not have to be complicated to be delicious.
Add your topping of choice and talk about an amazing dessert! Even when life gets busy, amazing meals and desserts are still possible and budget friendly.
Print this chocolate cherry cake recipe below:
Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe only calls for 4 simple ingredients making it super easy to enjoy dessert any day of the week. Try this chocolate cherry cake.
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes. If you want chunkier cherries, mix by hand.
- Pour batter into 9×13 sprayed pan.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite frosting, whipped cream, or serve with your favorite ice cream!
You might also like Peanut Butter Balls Recipe for another delicious treat that is so easy to make.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake has everything you love about your favorite cookie in a delicious cake loaded with chocolate chips.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE WITH CAKE MIX is another delicious dessert to try that looks fancy but is so simple to make.
Try these other easy cake recipes:
- Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- Oreo Dirt Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- Christmas Jello Poke Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- Lazy Day Cinnamon Bundt Cake Recipe
- The Easiest Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
- How to Make a Mug Cake from Scratch
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Crock Pot Lava Cake Recipe
- Easy S’Mores Cake Recipe