Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe is the easiest dessert ever and so delicious. Try this 3 ingredient cherry dump cake today for a super easy recipe that is so moist and decadent.
The devil’s food cake mix is so rich and delicious with the cherry pie filling. Combining chocolate and cherry makes the most amazing cake recipe. And since you only need 3 ingredients, you can literally make this dessert any time you want.
Why we love this recipe
It is so easy to make with only a few ingredients. The results are delicious and budget friendly.
The ideas are endless for dump cake recipes. They are so easy and delicious and a ton of fun to try new varieties.
Table of contents
- Cherry Pie Filling (You can also use homemade cherry pie filling.)
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
Get the ingredient specifics at the bottom of the page.
- Try yellow cake mix instead of devil’s food. You can also try regular chocolate cake mix in this recipe.
- White Cake mix is another good substitute.
- Use other pie fillings such as apple, blackberry, strawberry, blueberry and more!
- Add chocolate chips to the cake mix.
- You can also add in a few drops of almond extract.
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
- Step 1. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2. Next, pour the cherry pie filling evenly along the bottom of the pan.
Step 3. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top making sure it is evenly distributed in the baking pan.
Step 4. Pour the melted butter evenly across the whole dish.
Step 5. Bake until filling is bubbly around the edges and cake mixture is cooked through.
- Scoop of Vanilla ice cream
- Try different ice cream flavors. Chocolate fans might like chocolate for double the chocolate flavor!
- Whipped cream
- Drizzle Caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce on top. Our favorite is combining the two.
- If you want top with nuts, pecans or walnuts are great.
Yes, you can! Crock Pot dump cake is the perfect way to make a dessert if you are not in the mood to heat up your oven. I also like making it in the crock pot, as I can go ahead and prepare dessert even before dinner starts.
This is a very common question when preparing the dump cake. I know that anytime you are a making a cake mix dessert, you prepare as directed on the box. In the case of dump cakes recipes, you do not prepare the cake mix first.
We think Black Forest Dump Cake is best served warm. We love when served with ice cream on top.
You can definitely have cold or room temperature and it is still taste great.
This is my favorite part about dump cakes, you literally just dump the ingredients in a pan.
Reheating is easy in the microwave if needed.
More easy dump cake recipes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- Peach Dump Cake
- Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe
- Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake Recipe
More chocolate dessert to try
Try this chocolate dump cake with cherries with rich chocolate cake. Make sure to leave a comment and star rating.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- (2) 20 ounce cans cherry pie filling
- (1) 18.5 ounce box Devil’s Food Cake Mix unprepared
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- Spray a 13×9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour two cans of cherry pie filling evenly along the bottom.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top, again evenly.
- Pour melted butter evenly across the whole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes until fruit is bubbly and cake is cooked through.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe