Everything you love about cinnamon rolls is in this Cinnamon Roll Cake. Each bite has swirls of cinnamon topped with the best glaze. It is amazing.
This homemade cinnamon roll cake recipe is a fun and delicious twist on the traditional coffee cake. It is loaded with all things that cinnamon roll fans will enjoy.
This Cinnamon roll cake is the perfect excuse to serve it for breakfast, brunch or anytime in between. It is perfect with a hot cup of coffee. It is so decadent and amazing.
Table of Contents
Why Make this Cinnamon Cake:
The cake batter is really easy to make and the cinnamon filling is the best. The glaze gets into every crevice of the warm cake for a really delicious dessert.
I think you will definitely add this to your list of family favorites. It is so decadent and amazing.
My kids think its the best thing ever and love having it for breakfast. This is often what they request for their special birthday breakfast. It is that good.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Melted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card to see the full list of ingredients and recipe card.
How to Make Glaze:
This easy cinnamon roll cake recipe is even better with the homemade glaze. Combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. If you want the glaze to be thicker, just add more powdered sugar.
Make sure to drizzle on the cake right after removing from the oven.
Step by Step Instructions:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, get your pan ready and spray with cooking spray.
Step 2 – In a large mixing bowl and mix everything together for the ingredients of the cake. Make sure the softened butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon are mixed thoroughly.
Step 3 – Once everything is combined well, pour into the baking ban.
Step 4 – Make the the cinnamon topping in a small bowl. Put all of the ingredients inside and combine.
Step 5 – Scoop of spoonful of the cinnamon mixture to drop on the cake batter.
Step 6 – Drop the spoonful on the cake batter.
Step 7 – Use a knife and swirl the topping all over the cake back and forth.
Step 8 – Finally, bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Step 9 – When the cake comes out of the oven, drizzle the glaze all over the warm cake.
- Cinnamon Swirls – Don’t worry if your cinnamon mixture is thick. It will still swirl. Be mindful to place your knife all the way into the batter when swirling. This will ensure the cinnamon gets all through the cake from top to bottom.
- Adding Glaze – Make sure the cake is warm when you add the glaze. Don’t let it cool. It is best to do this warm and it soaks into the cake and makes it really taste like cinnamon rolls.
- Adding Frosting – Try using cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze. This is another tasty option to try if you love cinnamon rolls.
- Combining Ingredients – You can combine the ingredients with a stand mixer or a hand held mixer in a large bowl.
Can I use a Box Cake Mix?
Yes, you can. We have done this in a pinch and it turned out good. I don’t think it is quite as good as homemade but very close and we all enjoyed it.
You will need a white cake mix and any ingredients the box calls for. Mix this up and pour into the baking pan. Add the cinnamon topping just like normal. Bake and add the glaze after.
It’s pretty easy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Bake cake for about 30 minutes. To ensure cake is finished cooking, if toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean, then cake is finished cooking.
Store leftovers after cake is warm or at room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and leave on the counter. Leftovers will last about 3 days.
Yes, if you prefer you can freeze this cake in individual servings or as a whole cake. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil and it will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
More Cinnamon Desserts:
- Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Recipe
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
We love hearing from you. If you make this recipe for cinnamon roll cake, make sure to leave us a comment or a star review.
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- Mix everything together for the ingredients of the cake in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- For the topping, mix all of the ingredients well in a small bowl.
- Drop spoonfuls of topping on the batter and then swirl it with a knife.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over warm cake. (You can reduce the glaze and the cake would still be yummy.)
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe