If you have visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, then you must make these Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies. These cookies are loaded with butterscotch flavor and easy to make.
If you know some Harry Potter Fans, chances are they are fans of the butterbeer at Harry Potter world. These Butterbeer Pudding Cookies will be the perfect dessert to serve on a Harry Potter Movie Night or while reading the books. I have been making Harry Potter butterbeer fudge for years and this new recipe for cookies is equally amazing.
These harry potter inspired cookies will transform your fans into the Three Broomsticks world of Harry Potter. The cookie dough balls are loaded with butterscotch flavor for a delicious treat.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Cookie Recipe:
- Amazing Taste – If you love the taste of Butterbeer from Universal Studios, then you are going to love this cookie recipe. They are creamy, buttery and melt in your mouth butterscotch flavor.
- Simple Ingredients – These cookies are made from scratch. The dry ingredients are easily mixed with the butter mixture in a medium bowl. This creates a soft cookie for everyone to enjoy.
- Perfect for Any Occasion – Butterscotch is the perfect fall flavor. Teens and adults love these cookies and I love that I can make them for any occasion. If you love Harry Potter books or have a Harry Potter party, these are the perfect cookies to make.
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix
- White Chocolate Baking Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
Scroll to the bottom of the recipe card and see the complete list of ingredients.
- Frosting – These cookies would be delicious with a buttercream frosting. Add a caramel drizzle on the cooled cookies for a rich and decadent butterbeer flavor.
- Sprinkles – If you want to add a fun twist to these cookies, top the cookies with white sprinkles.
- Chocolate Chips – We used two different types of chocolate chips in this recipe. Feel free to change to what you prefer. You can easily just use one flavor if you prefer.
How to Make Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies:
Step 1 – Blend the butter with both of the sugars and vanilla extract. Blend until thoroughly combined.
Step 2 – Add in the eggs then add in the butterscotch pudding mix and blend.
Step 3 – Then stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Do not over mix.
Step 4 – Then fold in the butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips. Scoop on baking sheet and bake.
Butterbeer Cookies Harry Potter Recipe Tips:
- Preheat Oven – We recommend preheating oven before placing the cookies in the oven. Make sure to also line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup and for serving.
- Combining Ingredients – Combine the ingredients with a stand mixer or electric mixer on medium speed. We like to use a large bowl to make sure everything combines.
- Cookie Scoop – To scoop the cookies on a baking sheet or a silicone mat, we recommend to use a cookie scoop. This helps to keep the cookies about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Baking Cookies – Make sure to not overbake the cookies. You will know the cookies are done baking when they are golden brown. The cookies will finish cookies on the baking sheet once removed from the oven.
- Cooling Cookies – After about 5 minutes, place the cookies on a wire rack to cool. Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can freeze these butterscotch cookie dough and enjoy homemade cookies anytime you want. You can find lots of tips on how to freeze cookies for baking.
Roll the cookies into balls, put them on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer.
You want to make sure the cookies are not touching. Let the cookie dough balls freeze for about an hour. Then place the cookie dough in a freezer bag.
Another option is to bake the cookies and then freeze them. Use a freezer container and parchment paper in between each layer to keep the appearance of the cookies intact.
The cookies should keep up to 3 months in the freezer.
Store the leftover cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 5 days. Place a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them soft.
More Easy Harry Potter Desserts:
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- Easy Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream Recipe
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Fudge Recipe
Try this harry potter butterbeer cookie recipe and leave a comment once you do!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the butter with both of the sugars and vanilla extract with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer. Blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the eggs one at a time blending between each one to make sure that they are thoroughly combined. Add in the butterscotch pudding mix and blend until combined.
- Then stir in by hand the flour, baking soda and salt. Do not over mix.
- Then gently fold in the butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough onto cookie sheets in approximately 1 tablespoon and ensure that they are approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottom of the cookie is lightly browned.
- Remove them from the oven, allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for approximately 5 minutes and then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe