If you love Harry Potter Butterbeer from them Wizarding World of Harry Potter than you are going to love this easy copycat recipe.
We love making copycat recipes from our favorite restaurants or places we have been. We recently had the butterbeer from Universal Studios and I knew had to recreate this delicious drink. You might also like Harry Potter Hot Butter Beer Recipe or Harry Potter Butterbeer Cookies.
This butterbeer Harry Potter Recipe is delicious and easy to make. This popular drink is easily made with simple ingredients. You can serve this frozen drink top with whipped cream for added flavor.
If you have a Harry Potter books fan at your house, then this drink is a must. It would be fun to host a birthday party or a Harry Potter Movie Marathon and serve this drink.
What is Butter Beer?
This butter beer drink is popular among the Harry Potter fans. It is served at Universal Studios as a frozen version which a delicious simple brown sugar and butter syrup drink. Almost like cream soda meets butterscotch flavor with whipped cream.
It is always served with a dollop of whipped cream on top and perfectly served for all Harry Potter fans. You can serve it for a Harry Potter themed Halloween Party, book club meeting, or a Harry Potter movie marathon.
What is Butterbeer Made of?
This tasty drink is made of 3 ingredients plus the heavy whipping cream for the delicious sweet topping. This drink can be served as a frozen butterbeer, cold, and even hot.
We also like to serve them in fun mugs.
- Cream Soda (cold) – We recommend getting the regular cream soda and not the diet cream soda. Making sure that is full flavor and cold is what makes this drink so much better.
- Butterscotch Flavored Syrup (ice cream topping) – When we made this we used the butterscotch ice cream topping syrup. You can also try butterscotch sauce but we always get the syrup. If you can not find butterscotch syrup, use caramel syrup.
- Butter, melted – Make sure your butter is melted. It gives the drink that extra buttery flavor.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – We recommend before making the whipping topping, that the heavy cream is cold. You might even chill the beaters and bowl to make the process even easier.
How to Make Butterbeer from Harry Potter:
- Step 1 – Stir together the butterscotch syrup and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the cream soda.
- Step 2 – In a separate cold mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Step 3 – Pour the soda mixture into 2 mugs and top with the heavy cream. Enjoy!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Tips:
- Added flavor – Using just the cream soda is taste delicious, but for more authentic flavor, you may add in caramel and butter extracts. It makes it taste exactly like you are drinking the real thing.
- Mixing Ingredients – You can mix ingredients with a spoon or a hand held mixer.
- Alcohol Version – If you prefer to serve this as an adult version drink, you can add in some butterscotch schnapps or vanilla vodka. Add about a tablespoon at a time so that it doesn’t change the flavor.
- Sweeter Version – If you want your butterbeer to be sweeter, you can mix in powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract to the heavy whipping cream mixture.
What is Harry Potter’s Butterbeer made of?
According to the books it is made with three ingredients. These ingredients include butterscotch, sugar and water.
What does Butterbeer taste like?
It tastes like cream soda topped with butterscotch flavored whipped cream. The flavor is rich and creamy.
How to Make Homemade Whipped Cream:
Making Homemade Whipped Cream is easier than you think. It only requires heavy whipping cream and sugar.
- Make sure the mixing bowl and cream are very cold (I like to put the bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes).
- Next, put the sugar into the chilled mixing bowl and add whipping cream.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form out of the heavy cream. I use an electric stand up mixer to whip the cream and sugar mixture.
We do recommend using the homemade whipped cream within 8 hours of making it. When you make your butterbeer, you can already have your whipped cream made just make sure to store in a air tight container.
Frozen Butterbeer Version:
If you prefer this butterbeer can be made in a Frozen Version that is delicious and my favorite way.
- Freeze a can of Cream Soda
- Combine the softened butter and butterscotch together.
- Mix together a can cream soda and a frozen can of cream soda in a blender.
- Blend together until you get a slushy texture.
- Mix with the butterscotch and butter until blended.
- Spoon into a frosted mug.
- Top with whipped topping.
How to Serve:
Butterbeer is usually served cold in a mug. Topped with whipped cream and drizzled with butterscotch syrup over the top. It is a refreshing drink perfectly served on a hot day.
- Cold Butterbeer – Easily served as a cold drink similar to a soda.
- Frozen Butterbeer – This takes preparation as you need to freeze a can of cream soda. But has a slushy texture that is delicious and topped with whipped cream.
- Hot Butterbeer – This is similar to a White Hot Chocolate but with a butterscotch flavor.
Does Butterbeer have Alcohol in it?
If you have read the books, it indicate that there is a small portion of alcohol in it. But most recipes made at home do not contain any alcohol.
If you are serving this delicious drink to adults, you can easily add in some butterscotch schnapps or vanilla vodka.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- If you are a Harry Potter fan than you know all about this infamous drink. Perfect to serve for any themed parties or gatherings.
- You can make this frozen or just a regular soda drink.
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- This drink is kid friendly. You can make an adult version but a traditional butterbeer does not have alcohol in it.
- Delicious butterscotch and caramel flavor drink that can be served cold, frozen or hot.
Print Recipe here for Harry Potter Butter Beer:
Harry Potter Butter Beer Recipe
- 1 cup Cream Soda cold
- 1/2 cup Butterscotch Syrup ice cream topping
- 1/2 Tablespoon Butter melted
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Stir together the butterscotch syrup and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the cream soda.
- In a separate cold mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Pour the soda mixture into 2 mugs and top with the heavy cream. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe