Turn you favorite candy bars into Milky Way Cookies. Soft, chewy and full of chocolate flavor. You will love the flavor and how easy they are to make.
Easy Milky Way Cookies Recipe:
We love Milky Way candy bars and mixing with cookie ingredients makes for a delicious combination. It is one of the easiest desserts you will make and made with simple ingredients.
This is the perfect cookie recipe to use up leftover candy bars and makes delicious dessert. The cookie is rich, decadent and has amazing flavor.
Skip store bought cookies and make homemade cookies. They taste better and are easy to make. The next time you need a cookie to take to a potluck or for a bake sale. Make this chocolate and caramel Milky Way Cookie Recipe.
- Unsalted Butter (softened)
- Granulated Sugar
- Light Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chip
- Fun Size Milky Way Candy Bars (coarsely chopped)
How to Make Milk Way Cookies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Cream Ingredients – In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Step 3 – Combine Dry Ingredients – Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a different bowl.
- Step 4 – Combine Dry and Wet Ingredients – Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Step 5 – Chill Dough – Cover and refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 6 – Scoop Dough – Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Then bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden browned.
- Step 7 – Rest Cookies – Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 8 – Serve and enjoy – Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine ingredients to everything is mixed together. You can mix by hand or use a stand mixer.
- Milky Way Bar – Chop the milky way fun size candy bars in bite size pieces.
- Cookie Scoop – The cookie scoop I used is approximately 1 tablespoon of dough size. If you use a large cookie scoop make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – When combining the ingredients make sure the ingredients are at room temperature. This helps to blend the ingredients easily and prevents lumps in your batter.
- Prepare Baking Sheets – Parchment paper makes clean up easy and helps the cookies to bake evenly without spreading a bunch.
- Allow the cookies to set. – Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to moving to the cooling rack. This will help them to set and not crumble when moved.
Can I use a Different Candy Bar?
Yes, this is cookie recipe can easily be made with different candy bars to make this recipe. If you have leftover Halloween candy use it to make this cookie recipe.
Can you Freeze Milky Way Cookies?
Yes, freezing cookie is great whether you want to freeze the dough or the leftover cookies.
If you want to freeze the dough, prepare the cookie dough as the recipe indicates. Place on a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Allow the dough to freeze for about an hour.
Then place in a freezer bag to pull out the amount you need to bake. This is a great way to bake the amount you need.
You can also freeze leftover cookies after they have baked. Place in a freezer safe container with parchment paper in between the layers.
Freezing cookies will last about 3 to 4 months if stored properly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store the cookies in an airtight container or bag at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Print Recipe for Milky Way Cookies:
Milky Way Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is creamy. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a different bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe