We have the absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe and it is super easy. If you are looking for a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, this is the one to try. It is easy to make and bakery style for a delicious treat.
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Once you find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, you need to save it and pass it down. This is the best chocolate chip cookies recipe. You will love it. Each bite is so gooey and perfectly soft and fluffy.
The cookies have the perfect combination of chocolate chips. It is just perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. These cookies are made from scratch with simple pantry ingredients. If you are baker, you probably already have the majority of these ingredients.
We make these year round and everyone goes crazy over them. People always ask for me to bring these cookies anytime we have a potluck or gathering. Holidays, movie night, or for a bake sale this is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. You might also like Cowboy Cookies or Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
What Makes Cookies Moist and Chewy?
The key to help keep the cookies moist is adding more brown sugar than white sugar. White sugar is needed for the cookie but adding more brown sugar keeps the cookie moist and chewy.
Cornstarch is also an important ingredient to keep the cookies soft and the perfect consistency. It also helps to make a thicker cookie.
Ingredients for Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Step 1 – In a large bowl beat the melted butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Step 2 – Next, scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Step 3 – In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Step 4 – Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Step 5 – Next gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 6 – Cover the bowl and refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Step 7 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then sit the dough on the countertop to soften while the oven is preheating.
- Step 8 – Then drop the cookie dough balls onto lined baking sheets in approximately 1.5 tablespoon amounts. I like to use a cookie scoop to make this easier.
- Step 9 – Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are browned slightly.
- Step 10 – Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 11 – Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
How to Keep Chocolate Chip Cookies Soft:
Make sure to store the cookies in an airtight bag or container. This will ensure the cookies stay nice and soft!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Variations:
- Potato Chips – Potato Chip Chocolate Cookie is a great recipe that combines that the perfect sweet and salty flavors.
- Bacon – Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies is packed with bacon pieces and lots of decadent chocolate chips. If you love bacon, this is the cookie recipe for you.
- Sprinkles – Add sprinkles to what holiday or them that you are celebrating.
- Nut – Add in chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts to the cookie.
- Chocolate Chunks – Instead of chocolate chips, use chocolate chunks.
- Dark Chocolate – You can use dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips.
How to know when Chocolate Chip Cookies are done?
Chocolate Chip Cookies are done when they have a firm, golden brown edge and a set on top. If the edges become a dark brown, then they are over cooked. If edges are not golden and have a shiny top then they need to cook longer.
Once they are done baking, allow cookies to finish cookie on the baking sheet after removing from oven. This allows for the perfectly baked cookie.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Chips Cookies:
- Mixing Ingredients – It is important to not overmix cookies. Combine ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Chill Dough – The key to the best cookies is simply allowing the cookie dough to chill after combining the ingredients.
- Don’t Overbake – All ovens will cook differently, but we recommend not to over cook cookies. Allow cookies to finish cooking on the baking sheet.
- Butter – Make sure your butter is softened before using. We like it to be at room temperature as it mixes so much better.
- Measuring Cup – We recommend using a measuring cup to measure out ingredients. This helps to measure ingredients correctly.
- Rolling Cookie Balls – When we roll the cookie balls we try to make them tall instead flat. This helps to keep them thick.
How to Store:
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 1 week. I store a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep them moist.
How to Freeze:
You can freeze cookies already baked or the cookie dough. You can have fresh baked cookies at any time. These tips and tricks will help you freeze cookies properly.
Freezing Cookie Dough Balls:
- Flash freeze the unbaked cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet in the freezer. This normally takes 2 to 3 hours.
- Then place the cookies in a freezer container or bag. Freeze up to 2 months.
- Bake as normal when ready to enjoy. You may need to add 2 to 3 minutes to the baking time if frozen.
Freezing Cooked Cookies:
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and store inside a freezer container.
- Separate the cookies with parchment paper so they do not stick to each other. Freeze up to a month and thaw overnight on the counter when ready to enjoy.
Print this Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe below:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl beat (with a stand up mixer or hand mixer), the butter and both sugars. Mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Then mix the bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. We recommend mixing this by hand so that the mixture does not get over mixed.
- Next gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Then sit the dough on the countertop to soften while the oven is preheating.
- Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1.5 tablespoon amounts.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are browned slightly.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try these other Easy Cookie Recipes:
- M&M Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
More Chocolate Chip Desserts:
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Crock pot Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake