This M&M Cookies Recipe is amazing and you can make them from scratch very easily. Each bite is bursting with chocolate chips and m&m’s candy for a really awesome cookie recipe.
M&M cookies recipe
As a child, I don’t think there was ever anything better than m and m cookies. I mean seriously what could be better than cookies with your favorite candy inside? Each bite is just amazing and this recipe is one to keep. Trust us!
Whether you need an after school snack or cookies for a party, this recipe is so easy and the kids can help. Add a glass of cold milk and you are set for a great afternoon treat.
Let’s get started!
M&M cookies ingredients:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- plain chocolate candies plus more for adding to the top before baking if desired
- chocolate chips, semi sweet or milk chocolate
Yum! This all sounds amazing!
How do you make M&M cookies from scratch?
First, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. You may need to adjust your oven to 350.
Next, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt mixing until combined in large bowl. Set aside dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, dry pudding mix, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
Now it is time to add egg.
Gradually add flour mixture until smooth.
Stir in candy and chocolate chips. Yum!
Using a cookie dough scoop, divide dough and roll into balls.
Place dough balls on prepared baking sheets and slightly press down the top.
Add more candy on top if desired. This is optional but so tasty to add extra m&m on top.
Bake until lightly golden brown.
Remove from oven and cool slightly on the baking sheet
Transfer to wire rack so the cookies can cool completely.
Store in airtight container for up to 5 days. Ours never last that long though because we eat them pretty fast. 🙂 I often have to make a double batch just to have some leftover.
Tips for making m and m cookies:
Now my family loves to make cookies, but there are two things that we just HAVE to have to make the perfect cookies.
First, we use baking mats. I don’t know why I never used these before. Amazon has them on sale right now.
These keep your cookies from burning on the bottom and they help them cook evenly. Plus it saves you money by not having to use parchment paper all the time. 😉
The cookie scoops are also great to have. I thought my friend was crazy when she told me she used these until she bought me some. I’m in love!
They make baking cookies so much easier. Plus the cookies are more evenly shaped, meaning they will all cook more evenly. Amazon has them on sale too.
We use them to fill cupcakes, make cookies, meatballs and more. You will definitely get plenty of use out of your cookie scoop set.
Can I freeze chocolate chip m&m cookies?
Yes! We actually do this frequently so that we will have cookies ready to go.
Just make the cookie dough as normal and put them on cookie sheet in balls just like as above. Next, put them in the freezer still on the baking sheet and let them freeze.
Once the cookies are frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and put in a freezer bag or container. Now, you have cookies all ready to bake when you are ready to enjoy.
This sure makes it easier to enjoy these cookies any time you want.
Variations to try with m&m cookies recipe:
We love trying new things and this cookie recipe never disappoints. Feel free to change the ingredients slightly for a completely different cookie.
Switch out the chocolate chips for white chocolate or peanut butter chips and your cookie is completely different… but still tastes amazing!
We also like to make these for the holidays with holiday m&m’s. There are so many seasonal m&m’s to try- Valentine’s, Christmas, Halloween and more!
The ideas are truly endless making these cookies the perfect treat any time of year. I bet the hazelnut m&m’s would be amazing.
Some of our favorite ideas include:
- Mixing white chocolate morsels with the semi sweet chocolate morsels.
- Adding peanut butter morsels.
- Different types of m&m’s. Try peanut butter, nutella and more for a great cookie.
- Try different colors of m&m’s. Make Valentine’s cookies with pink and red m&m’s. Other ideas include- Christmas, Easter, Spring and more!
- Dark chocolate is also a delicious add on!
- Add nuts to the cookie mixture. Pecans and walnuts are great options.
These are just some of the great ideas to try with these cookies. You can’t go wrong however you decide to make these amazing cookies.
They turned out great and you can even freeze m&m cookie dough. Yeah!
Print this easy and delicious m&m cookies recipe below:
This M&M Cookies Recipe is amazing and you can make them from scratch easily. Each bite is bursting with chocolate chips and m&m's candy for a great treat.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 box 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups or 1 package 12 oz plain chocolate candies plus more for adding to the top before baking if desired
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, dry pudding mix, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in candy and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, divide dough and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and slightly press down the top.
- Add more candy on top if desired.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Try these other easy cookie recipes:
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- 4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
Try more delicious dessert ideas here:
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats