This M&M Cookies Recipe is amazing and you can make them from scratch without much work. Each bite is bursting with chocolate chips and m&m’s candy for an amazing cookie.
M&M cookies recipe
Whether you need an after school snack or cookies for a party, this recipe is so easy and the kids can help. Add a glass of cold milk and you are set for a great afternoon treat.
As a child, I don’t think there was ever anything better than m&m cookies. I mean seriously what could be better than cookies with your favorite candy inside? Each bite is just amazing and this recipe is one to keep.
M&M cookies ingredients:
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- plain chocolate candies. Plus more for adding to the top before baking if desired.
- chocolate chips. Semi sweet or milk chocolate.
How do you make M&M cookies from scratch?
- First, go ahead and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is warming up, line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Then, get out a medium bowl. Measure flour using a measuring cup. Add to the baking soda and salt. Combine flour mixture until mixed thoroughly then set aside.
- Get out another large bowl. Add the butter and sugars, and dry pudding mix. Beat until this mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next, add egg and vanilla. Combine and then gradually add the flour mixing until combined.
- Add the candy and chocolate chips. This step needs to be combined by hand and not with an electric mixer so the candy coating stays intact.
- Form the dough into balls. Use a cookie scoop to form the cookie into balls.
- As you scoop the balls, place them on the prepared baking sheets. Slightly press down the top.
- Next, top with more candy. This is optional but so tasty to add extra m&m candy on top of each cookie.
- Finally, bake until lightly golden brown. Once finished baking, remove from the oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheet a few minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely.
How to store m&m cookies:
Store the cookies inside an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Now, our cookies never last that long though because we eat them pretty fast. I often have to make a double batch just to have some leftover.
Tips for making Homemade m&m Cookies:
Now my family loves to make cookies, but there are two things that we just HAVE to use to make the perfect cookies.
- Baking mats. These keep your cookies from burning on the bottom and they help them cook evenly. Plus, it saves you money by not having to use parchment paper all the time.
- Cookie scoops. Give these a try because they make baking cookies so much easier. It helps the cookies to be more evenly shaped and helps them to cook more evenly.
Can I freeze chocolate chip m&m cookies?
Yes. We actually do this frequently so that we will have cookies ready to go.
Just make the cookie dough as normal and put them on a cookie sheet in balls just like as above. Next, put them in the freezer still on the baking sheet.
Variations to try with m&m cookies recipe:
We love trying new things and this cookie recipe never disappoints. Feel free to change the ingredients slightly for a completely different cookie.
- Switch out the chocolate chips for white chocolate. Another idea to try is peanut butter chips. The cookies turn out completely different but still tastes amazing.
- We also like to make these for the holidays with seasonal m&m’s. There are so many seasonal m&m’s to try- Valentine’s, Christmas, Halloween and more.
- Try mixing ½ cup white chocolate morsels with the semi sweet chocolate morsels.
- Different types of m&m’s. Try nutella, white chocolate, brownie and more for a great cookie.
- Dark chocolate is also a delicious add on.
- Add ¾ cup nuts to the cookie mixture. Pecans and walnuts are great options.
The ideas are truly endless making these cookies the perfect treat any time of year. These are just some of the great ideas to try with these cookies. You can’t go wrong however you decide to make these tasty cookies.
Print this easy m&m cookies recipe below:
M & M Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 box 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups or 1 package 12 oz plain chocolate candies plus more for adding to the top before baking if desired
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi sweet or milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, dry pudding mix, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in candy and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, divide dough and roll into balls.
- Place on baking sheet and slightly press down the top.
- Add more candy on top if desired.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Transfer to wire rack.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy cookie recipes:
- Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Brown Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- Monster Cookies Recipe