Soft and chewy Reese’s Pieces Cookies are loaded with peanut butter and tons of chocolate flavor. The peanut butter cookie recipe with bits of Reese’s Pieces is a dream for peanut butter fans.
Reeses Pieces Cookies
Reeses Pieces Cookies combines the tasty flavor of peanut butter cookies with lots of Reese’s Pieces candy. They taste great and look so bright and cheerful.
The recipe is easy to make and perfect for a party of just because. Most all of the ingredients are pantry staples making this recipe so convenient.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Large Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Reese’s Pieces Candy
How to make Reese’s Pieces Cookies:
- Step 1. Preheat the oven while you prepare the cookie dough. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2. Combine the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Step 3. Use a separate bowl to mix together the softened butter and sugar. In a separate bowl, cream together the brown sugar and granulated sugar. You can use a mixer until the sugar and brown sugar and butter is light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Step 4. Add the peanut butter. Mix in the peanut butter until combined.
- Step 5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the dough. Turn the mixer speed to low. Gradually add in the flour mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
- Step 6. Carefully fold in the candy. Gently fold in 1 cup of the Reese’s pieces peanut butter candy. Do not use a mixer for this step. Fold the candy gently in the dough with a spoon.
- Step 7. Form the dough balls. Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1 ½ tablespoon amounts.
- Step 8. Top with more Reese’s Pieces. Place the remaining Reese’s pieces candies on top of the cookies. Arrange the candy so they are evenly distributed.
- Step 9. Bake the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges of the cookies.
- Step 10. Allow the cookies to cool. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 11. Serve these delicious cookies. Then the cookies are ready to enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
Store these Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies at room temperature for up to 1 week. Keep a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep the cookies moist.
Another option is to freeze the cookies up to 3 months. Make sure to give the cookies time to cool before storing and freezing.
You can also store the dough prior to baking. Roll the dough into a log shape and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 5 days and bake as normal.
Freeze the dough up to 3 months. It is important to wrap it in plastic wrap and again in foil.
You can freeze in a log or in individual cookies. When ready to bake, add a few minutes to the baking time if frozen. This is a great way to enjoy fresh baked cookies anytime.
- Use softened butter not melted. The cookie dough blends together better with softened butter. We do not suggest using melted butter because it change the texture of the cookies.
- Room temperature eggs. For best results, use room temperature eggs when making the dough.
- Fold in the Reese’s Pieces. It is ok if the pieces are broken. It will distribute more peanut butter flavor in the dough.
- Make larger cookies. This recipe makes 24 regular size cookies. If you prefer the large cookies, make larger dough balls to form 12 cookies. You may need to adjust the cooking time.
- Peanut Butter Chips. Substitute the candy in the dough for peanut butter chips. This will give you even more peanut butter flavor.
- Chocolate Chips. If you want more chocolate flavor, try adding chocolate chips in the dough instead of Reese’s Pieces. You can also use a combination of both types.
- Reese’s Cups. Chop Reese’s Cups and add together with the candy to mix in the dough. The combination is delicious.
- Cookie base. Try different types of cookie base, Instead of peanut butter, try sugar cookie, chocolate peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie.
- White Chocolate Chips. If you love the taste of white chocolate, substitute white chocolate chips in the dough.
This recipe is easy to adapt based on preference and what you have on hand. It is inexpensive and effortless to make but the results are so yummy.
Try these cookies for special occasions, parties or just for family movie night. Each bite has lots of peanut butter and chocolate.
Serve with a cold glass of milk and enjoy these fresh and delicious cookies.
Print this Peanut Butter Cookies Reese’s Pieces Recipe below:
Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and both of the sugars with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture until the dough is just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the Reese’s pieces.
- Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1 ½ tablespoon amounts.
- Place the remaining Reese’s pieces candies on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges of the cookies.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe