This monster cookie recipe is loaded with chocolate chips, oatmeal, M&M’s and more! Each bite is soft and chewy for the best cookie. Grab a cup of milk and enjoy!
Monster cookies are so amazing! They have everything but the kitchen sink in them for one decadent cookie recipe. All of my favorite cookies combine into one delicious treat with peanut butter flavor. Each bite tastes great.
Table of contents
Why this recipe works
From the peanut butter to chocolate chips and M&M’s to oatmeal, this has all the best ingredients. Yum! We also make M&M Cookie Cake that is amazing.
The entire recipe is so easy and takes very little work.
- Brown Sugar
- Peanut Butter. I prefer Skippy or Jif.
- Butter – softened at room temperature
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Baking Soda
- Quick Oats
Scroll to the bottom and see the complete ingredient list.
- Substitute the chocolate chips for white chocolate or peanut butter chips.
- M&M’s- Use seasonal colors such as Christmas, Spring, Halloween, July 4th, Valentine’s Day and more. This is a great way to make these cookies festive all year round! Try mini-m&ms.
- Nuts- Try adding pecans or walnuts to the cookie dough.
- Peanut Butter- Try chunky peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter.
- Dark Chocolate – This is delicious instead of the chocolate chips. You can chop up a dark chocolate candy bar. More ideas include butterscotch chips and white chocolate chips.
How to make monster cookies
- Step 1. First, preheat the oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, go ahead and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a baking mat.
Step 2. Next, get out a large bowl or you can use your stand mixer bowl. Combine eggs, vanilla, salt, sugar, brown sugar and baking soda together. You can use the paddle attachment if you are using your stand mixer.
Step 3. After that is combined together good, add the peanut butter and butter to large mixing bowl.
Step 4. Mix again with a hand mixer until it is well combined.
Step 5. Now, it is time to add the M&M’s, chocolate chips and oatmeal to wet ingredients.
Step 6. Make sure the mix-ins are combined well together.
Step 7. Spoon the cookie mixture on the baking sheets. Make sure to leave several inches between them because they will spread.
Step 8. Bake for about 9 minutes. Don’t over cook them!
Step 9. Make sure to leave on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for the best monster cookies
- Baking Mats: I like to use baking mats on the cookie sheets. Cleanup is so easy when you use these. Plus, it helps the cookies to bake evenly. It also saves money from buying parchment paper all the time.
- Cookie Scoops: These are probably one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. You can scoop a bunch of cookies quickly. Plus, they are all uniform.
- Peanut Butter. I do not recommend using natural peanut butter in this recipe due to the oils. The texture will not be the same.
This often happens if you move the cookies to soon from the cookie sheet. It is super important to let them sit a few minutes before transferring. This will give them time to hold their shape and settle.
I like to freeze the dough for a quick treat later. It is so simple.
Make the cookie dough as you normally would but don’t bake them. Put the balls on a cookie sheet and put in the freezer still on the baking sheet.
After the cookies have frozen, take them off the baking sheet and store in a freezer bag or freezer container. Put back in the freezer for later.
The next time you are craving cookies, you will be all set!
More easy cookie recipes
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Your family will love this recipe for chewy Monster Cookies. Please try it and leave a comment once you do.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a baking mat.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, salt, sugar, brown sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips and oatmeal.
- Place about tablespoon size chunks on the prepared sheets several inches apart.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe