Oreo Cheesecake Bars combine all that you love about Oreo cookies and cheesecake into one luscious dessert. Serve these at parties and watch them disappear.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe:
Each bite is so decadent and the bars make the perfect treat. We love cheesecake so it seemed like a great idea to make these bars with Oreo cookies. I love that these bars are easy to make and don’t even require a water bath.
These Oreo Bars did not disappoint and everyone loved them. You have to try this tasty treat for a great dessert or snack. Oreo desserts are a family favorite. Try Deep Fried Oreos Recipe, Air Fryer Oreos, or Oreo Rice Krispie Treats.
Combining this simple ingredients gives these Oreo bars so much flavor. The are the perfect treat for many occasion and always a crowd favorite. This easy Oreo cheesecake recipe is rich and creamy and the perfect way to enjoy two of my favorites.
What is a Cheesecake Bar?
Cheesecake Bars are always a crowd favorite. Instead of placing the mixture in a pie plate, you pour the mixture in a 9×13 pan. This allows you to cut them into squares and to feed a crowd.
From the Oreo crust and chunks of Oreo in the cheesecake mixture, this will be your go to dessert for all your special occasions. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare, which makes it easy to make.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Ingredients:
- Oreo Cookies
- Salted Butter, melted
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream, at room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Large Eggs, at room temperature
How to Make Oreo Cheesecake Bars:
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Make sure to leave a 2-inch overhanging on both sides. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Step 2 – Place 28 Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground crushed Oreos. Stir in the melted butter until the crumbs are completely coated.
- Step 3 – Evenly press the cookie mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Step 4 – Roughly chop the remaining Oreos by hand.
- Step 5 – In a large bowl, with an electric mixer or stand mixer beat the cream cheese on medium speed. Once smooth and creamy, add the sugar and blend well, about 2 minutes.
- Step 6 – Scrape down the sides as needed. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Scrape the bowl and mix again.
- Step 7 – Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and then beat again, making sure the mixture is fulling combined.
- Step 8 – Gently fold in the chopped Oreos and mix well. Pour the cheesecake layer over the prepared crust and smooth out on top.
- Step 9 – Bake oreo cheesecake recipe for 40 minutes, until filling is slight wobbly in the middle and set on the outside.
- Step 10 – Move to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Step 11 – Once cooled, lift from pan, using foil overhanging and cut into squares. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Tips for Oreo Cheesecake Bars:
- Use room temperature ingredients. This will ensure that you cheesecake is creamy and free of any lumps.
- Do not over mix the batter. You’ll want to mix until the ingredients are just combined. Over mixing the batter can cause the cheesecake to crack when baking.
- Cut with a plastic knife. A plastic knife will give you the best clean lines when cutting and serving these cheesecake bars. Also, make sure to clean the knife after each cut.
- Use full fat cream cheese. Do not use the reduce fat cream cheese. The regular one makes these bars creamy and full of flavor.
- Springform Pan – There is no need to use a spring foam pan for this cheesecake recipe. You can use a regular 9×13 baking pan.
- Topping – You can add whipped cream topping or cool whip before serving the cheesecake bars.
- Chocolate Chips – Mix in chocolate chips to add to the chocolate flavor.
- Peanut Butter – This cheesecake mixture would be delicious with peanut butter mixed in.
- Powdered Sugar – Before serving you can dust the top with powdered sugar.
How to Store:
Store these cheesecake bars in the refrigerator covered for up to 1 week. This is the perfect dessert to make ahead of time. This rich and creamy cheesecake bars is the perfect holiday dessert.
How to Freeze cheesecake bars:
Cheesecake freezes great. Place the bars on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour. After this time move the bars to a freezer bag to freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Defrost out the bars at room temperature for a few hours and then you have a delicious dessert to enjoy or share.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The best way to crush Oreos is in the food processor. If you do not have one of those, you can place Oreos in a Ziplock bag. Then crush with a rolling pin.
Yes, this Oreo Cheesecake Bars is perfect with any flavors of Oreos. They even have ones during the holidays.
Yes, since these cheesecake bars need time to chill. This is the perfect dessert to prepare ahead of time.
More Easy Cheesecake Recipes:
- Cheesecake Bars
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
- Slutty Cheesecake Bars
Print recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Bars below:
Oreo Cheesecake bars
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhanging on both sides. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place 28 Oreos in a food process and pulse until finely ground. stir in the melted butter until the crumbs are completely coated.
- Evenly press the cookie mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Roughly chop the remaining Oreos by hand.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese on medium speed. Once smooth and creamy, add the sugar and blend well, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and salt. Scrape the bowl and mix again.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides and then beat again, making sure the mixture is fulling combined.
- Gently fold in the Oreos and mix well.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust and smooth out on top. Bake for 40 minutes, until filling is slight wobbly in the middle and set on the outside.
- Move to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once cooled, lift from pan, using foil overhanging and cut into squares. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Notes – recommend making the day before
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe